Build Br Buy

Dr. Funk

Solid State Member
I was wondering, should I build a computer or buy one? I only want to spend at most $1200 Canadian. Would $1200 get a good computer?

And if I should build, where can I get information on how to build?

Thanks.

Near me, I can get an Athlon 64 X2 4200+ based system for that price
OR a P4 LGA 775 630

in my experience, providing you have the techincal knowlege, you will get more for your money if you build it yourself. More to the point, if you do build yourself then you'll be buying only the parts that you want and not paying for anything else bundled in like you get when you buy an assembled system.

Build:
1) generally more for you money
2) pride
3)exactall what you need
Buy:
1)less hassel
2)no work involved
3)less chance of damage to parts

I would go for building, its cheaper in many ways and better because you'll be more familiar with the system seeing as though you bought and custom built the system yourself, although if you don't know what your doing, you could just be facing a time of endless hassles and annoying problems ... it really depends on how much knowledge you have on computer hardware and software

Build your own. Then you know what parts you use and all the drivers are available. Get the Abit Fatal1ty board to start off. He's my hero (not really):
johnathan_wendel_ow.jpg

build, scab around on ebay and you could easily end up paying half what you would pay in a shop

I built this macine for no more than £320 (all parts from ebay)

amd winchester 3000+ 939
Asus A8v deluxe
1GB ddr 400 ram
Ati radeon 9550 256mb
8x dvd -+ rw
80GB hard drive
SB live 5.1 audio card

Back
Top Bottom