What do you think?

Opteronix

BSOD
Ok.. I have a slight issue. Today, my engineering class released a new update to my Denali Blueprint software with a DRAM automation schematic. Now.. my dual core 4800+ can't keep up.. so I was thinking.. do you think I should sell my current mobo and CPU and RAM and get two dual core Opterons and 4GBs ECC RAM and the Tyan Thunder SLi Pro dual Opteron boarD? Money is a bit tight, but it is SO SLOW!!! AH!!!!!

Also... check out this READ!! My professor gave it to me today, and I loved it! It might be a bit complex, but if you read through it, you will LEARN a ton of stuff you didn't know about!
http://www.mips.com/content/PressRoom/TechLibrary/WhitePapers/multi_cpu

your dual core 4800+ is too slow? i think i'm going to cry,lol.

it doesn't really seem like you have a choice.

Dishdog said:
your dual core 4800+ is too slow? i think i'm going to cry,lol.

it doesn't really seem like you have a choice.

Well... It is going to cost me a MINT... ugh.. I hate new programs.. and yes... it seems two processors for a 6 threaded program is NOT enough... pfft.. workstations.. so much money...

Wow, multi dual core Opterons. Do it if you must. If I hard evidence that my hardware was hindering me performance wise, I wouldn't hesitate. Save up if you have to and buy the upgrades. I still can't believe your setup lags. It's a high performance machine and gets bogged up already. I hope I won't have to deal with software like that.

Back
Top Bottom