is this normal?

i downloaded sygate and it killed me comp lol i had to reformat everytime i started up my comp i got the blue screen :S but now that ive reformatted its much faster and i havent even overclocked yet so i guess it needed to be done

McAfee and Norton completely slow down your PC and increase boot time by a lot, so i suggest you uninstall McAfee, and opt for AVG Free, AntiVir, or PC-Cillin, which have much less impact on computer performance.

ive also heard this but i think mcafee is ok cause it loads fast the thing that loaded really slow was zonealarm firewall so i think im just gona use the built in windows fire wall which i know isnt great but its better than nothing

If you want top security, do not use Windows Firewall. It's used as a basic layer of protection for those not capable of choosing the best solution, which is, in many people's opinions, ZoneAlarm.

ZoneAlarm has many more features, more customisable, and unlike Windows Firewall, is near-impossible for an intruder or program to shut down.

If you want faster boot times, dump McAfee completely, and go for any the ones i suggested earlier.

Back
Top Bottom