Very dissapointed...

Ahh, the SLi mode. I didn't think about that. He's got to have the switch in there for non-SLi though. I hope he didn't put it in the other way. What happens if you do? Will it simply not run? I never had an SLi motherboard before but hopefully can get one someday.

Flashing the BIOS would be the next best thing to do.

Thanks for all your replies guys :) Right, a few questions as I am a n00b to computing:

What does flash the BIOS mean, and how do I do it?

I think the chip for SLi is in the right way, I didn't rrmove it when I got the moptherboard, but I will take a picture for you guys to see if it's right.

The molex and 12V rail is another one I don't know. My friend helped me build it and well I'll take a pic of my whole setup inside.

Any guides on the above would be great :)

The computer is working lightening fast by the way, and so I think the CPU is fine, but I shall double check. I think it's just the GPU, I'll be back in 5 minutes with pictures :)

Here's a good tutorial and steps on how to flash your BIOS. Well, it's mainly this flash utility you have to download but the PDF will tell you step by step in what to do.

http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Support/BIOS/HowToReflash/HowToReflash_1.htm

As far as the SLi switch, your manual should have a detailed picture on how it needs to be set. I was looking at the Abit Falta1ty board and downloaded their PDF manual just so I can get an overview on it. THe switch should say SLi switch "Normal". Make sure you have the video card in the first PCI-ex16 slot. In the Abit version, the PCI-ex16 number two slot gets converted into a regular PCI-e x1 slot. So that's kind of funny.

The video card probably uses the power from the power supply as I have seen on high performance video cards so there's probably a power connector for you to to plug that in.

I just want to thank you all again for your help, but I think I may have sorted it, but I'm not sure what score I should be looking at with my setup.

Here's my 3DMark03 score, is it what it should be?

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5473/untitled26vv.jpg

I solved it by updating all the drivers from Gigabyte's website :) So no need to flash the BIOS unless this score is again way off what I should be looking at :(

I also ran 3DMark01 and got 25,000 and again,l is that what I should be looking at?

Back
Top Bottom