Video Card Power Problem

bamboo711

Solid State Member
My video card is an xfx geforce 6600 256mb agp 8x. This card is meant for gaming and I know it can. When I start windows and everything it tells me that it is not receiving enough power and is lowering the vid cards standards. I'm supposed to hook it up straight to the power supply, which I did with a molex and it still pops up that message. I have noticed that I can't play even simple games at even half graphics, what is the problem, and what to do?

430, it's actually a pretty good one. Antec True 430. It's like 6 months old, so I don't think that's the problem.

What do you mean by all the connections as they should be? The cable is a molex with a male side which then splits to 2 females and I only use one of them. Could that be the problem? The main wires connect 2 fans, and eventually this so I'm pretty sure it's working. Any other way to find out? Would pictures help you guys understand better? If yes, then how do I post them :) Thanks

well I don't know how the connections should be. Check the manual, should say something about the connections.

Though it's weird that it connects directly to the psu. I have never seen that before, though then again I have only built about 3 computers.

Back
Top Bottom