Need help with graphics cards, im nto computer smart.

paolucciasiasi

Solid State Member
Ok, so right now when i click system information on my computer says my graphics card is a, 800 x 600 in 64k colors, NVIDIA geforce2 integrated GPU ver. 6.14
Ok, now i want to upgrade to this graphics card,http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion...N82E16814125193
or this one, http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion...N82E16814135184

Now when i bought more ram, the first kind i got did not fit, so my question is do all graphics cards fit motherboards? and i dont know what kind i have so if anyoen could tell me hwo to figure out then ill post it and maybe someone knows if any of those coudl fit my computer.
thanks!

We need to know what kind of video card slot ur motherboard has. Google for ur motherboards name and u should find the specs somewhere in there. If u don't know what ur motherboard is download everest (www.lavalys.com) and it will tell u.

Those links don't work.

Graphics cards comes in PCI, AGP, and the new PCI-e interface. THen there's the integrated video controllers like what you are using now. Does your motherboard have an AGP slot? I'm sure you have a PCI slot for a video card too but an AGP interface would be better.

TRDCorolla said:
Those links don't work.

Graphics cards comes in PCI, AGP, and the new PCI-e interface. THen there's the integrated video controllers like what you are using now. Does your motherboard have an AGP slot? I'm sure you have a PCI slot for a video card too but an AGP interface would be better.
AOpen Aeolus 7800GT-DVD256 Geforce 7800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
that was the first and
GIGABYTE GV-NX68256D Geforce 6800 256MB 256-bit DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
thats the second

Okay so it has AGP. So any card using AGP should work. Though there are different kinds of AGP (x4 and x8 I think) but still any AGP card should work.

What's ur budget for the vid card?

daemon said:
Okay so it has AGP. So any card using AGP should work. Though there are different kinds of AGP (x4 and x8 I think) but still any AGP card should work.

What's ur budget for the vid card?
I want to stay in the $300-$400 range at max.
Also thanks alot for replying so fast.

Well with that budget u can get almost any card u want to.
I don't think that they make 7800 series for AGP slots so u should get a 6800 series card. Or something from ati but I don't know much about their cards.

daemon said:
Well with that budget u can get almost any card u want to.
I don't think that they make 7800 series for AGP slots so u should get a 6800 series card. Or something from ati but I don't know much about their cards.
OK, thanks for you help.
For this game all i needed was a geforce5 with 256 ram, but i heard min. requierments usually you will still get lag? i think? is what my friend told me.

Back
Top Bottom