Copy files to CD-ROM

NewToForums

Solid State Member
I know how to copy a file from my hard drive to a floppy but how do you copy from hard drive to a CD ROM? I'll need someone to be pretty specific, please.

if u are using win xp just put an empty cd in and put the files there just like u would with a floppy. Then there is an option on the left end of the window which is something like "burn the temporary files to the cd" or something similar.

Im pretty sure to do that daemon, you need to have CD-R Record drivers that support on demand or ON THE FLY burning. Nero does that, I recommend you use NERO.

EDit... LMAO! I SAID NORTON!! LMAO!! I HATE NORTON! CORRECTED TO= Nero

I told a friend who doesn't have the internet that I'd go to the Canon website and locate the driver for their printer that they needed. I have it on my Desktop but don't want to open/install it on my computer. I only want to put the file on a CD Rom and don't know how. I have a burner and I have something called "Easy CD Creator" which works great for audio files but I've never figured out how to do a file like this. Also, when I open CD Creator I can't locate the file but it IS on my desktop. When I search for it, it tells me it's under C WINDOWS DESKTOP but when I open C and then WINDOWS in My Computer, I don't see Desktop. Please help?

Well ... i would recommend programs that automatically does this for you, such as Nero or Alchohol 120%, both are shareware with trial periods ... if you do download them, just select the Data Disc option which is just a CD with files on it
For the file destination that you were talking about, your desktop should be at C:\Documents And Settings\*your username*\Desktop
CD have a widespread format so it can play on any operating system, in your case, it is windows 98 and windows me

For Nero you can download it here
http://www.filehippo.com/download_nero_burning_rom.html

For Alchohol 120% you can download it here
http://www.filehippo.com/download_alcohol_120.html

When I open C:, I have lots of folders but none that I see named Documents and Settings. Is there another folder that I need to access first, maybe?

It seems I already have Roxio. When I open "Easy CD Creator" it says Initializing Engine and it says "Roxio Easy CD Creator 5". Trouble is, when that opens and I try to go to C WINDOWS DESKTOP ... Desktop doesn't show up under the WINDOWS folder. Do I need to look elsewhere or can I try to move the file on my C drive and if so, where to?

Back
Top Bottom