PHPBB sux

setishock said:
Well David didn't say anything so let it go. Besides it's an exsample of a phpBB site.

Normally ya'll know I would kick the stuffings out of some one for doing this but I think it's just going to serve as an exsample of a well maintained phpBB site..
www.computervitals.com

Umm y? Posting a simple link to a well done forum without SCREAMING JOIN US! OR COME SEE AND JOIN etc isn't so bad. Example:

I think this forum is well done in vBulletin!
http://www.tech-forums.net/

Very nice coding and modification. Also, fairly clean despite some of the obvious clutter.

SETISHOCK! Your forum is WONDERFUL!! WOw! I would join, I just spend too much time here, but maybe later today I will drop by and say hey. :)

PHPBB is ok, but I hate their sensors

YaBB is...erm...ugly

Neowin is...Neowin lol

VB is tha best

Custom made forum is...hard

lhuser said:

YaBB is...erm...ugly

Neowin is...Neowin lol

VB is tha best

Custom made forum is...hard

Wait... phpbb can look anyway you want it to, as can vBUlletin. VB=Visual basic or vBulletin in your eyes? PHPBB (if done with time and effort) can look the BEST out of everything!

You can make Vb look nice. It's just for a more professional forum.

If I was to create one, I'd host it on my own tower, then I'd use Custom made forum...where the bubbly shapes would occur

Red
Green
Blue
Cyan

That's a little somethin somethin you can get to go with phpBB. And if that doesn't tickle yo fancy then check this demo site out. You can adjust the theme from the pull down menu at the top. >>>
http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo.php
Check out the > invertedNeonGlow. That is a blacklight theme. But the point is you can jazz it up man. Give it some flavor. But don't forget those security mods.

Now if after all that if you like something but don't know how to install it there are phpBB forums and then there's Buzz...

VB- Vbulletin is the almost the best forum software out there..
Ubb Classic or Ubb Threads is about the best your going to get.

But you have to pay for them.. Anyone every gotten a free brandnew BMW? Not manyof us..

Now I can get VB for free and use it with no problems.. But all it takes is that one person to pop in my url to VB and they come and ask me for my license code which I wouldn't be able to produce.. Not worth it.. Been there and done that many times with UBB Classic.

I run PHPbb..
It can be the suckiest forum or the best forum.. All depends on how you set it up and how messy you are with the coding when you customize it. By taking the exisistion code and cleaning it up it can be nice..

You want PHPbb to be just like vBulletin? Fine I can skin it out and make everything the same.. And you wouldn't know it..

It all depends on Code...

Yabb
good software.. Not my favorite as there are too many loops and code changes in the software. And Limited code tweaks.

By far in my opinion phpBB is the best free software out there..
What makes phpBB better than VB? In one way "Open Source" Meaning you have thousands of people working on code for this board.. VB doesn't.. Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying VB is junk.. I like VB.. I would rather Run VB then phpBB. It's simply a Cost issue with me..

Sensors? I'm not sure what you mean by that..

Steven12 said:
Please stop putting in your sites, its like your advertsising
not really your signature is advertising, there putting there sites goes along with thewhole subject

vB - vBulletin PWNS

www.computertektalk.com

we just upgraded to 3.5 RC3 and the features on it our amazing, if it was used hhere it would make the mods life and forum life a hell of alot easier

for example, quick reply doesnt reload the entire page just ads what you said to the end and checks for any other things

editing in place does load a new page it just opens up the origanal box for you to make changes or you can go advance of course, as for mods WE CAN MULTITASk there are check boxes next to each thread and each post which enables us to lock the post (if you have the hack) merge the posts delete them or even move them, same with threads slect 2 threads slect merge done, or delete or move

currently my forum went through a merge with MainAccess and CTF.com forums i started ages ago which meant i had 3k posts that needed sorted, it took me ages to get 1k posts sorted now on the update it will only take me a few hours (when i get around to it)

if anyone would like to preview the mod controls let me no

Back
Top Bottom