Very dissapointed...

the deceived

In Runtime
As you all know, I have just been building my PC recently, and well I finally got it built!! Woohoo!! BUT I ran a few benchmark tests on it and well I think there is something wrong :( In 3DMark01, I only got a score of 16,000 roughly, and well here's my 3DMark03 score:

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/7443/untitled5vj1.jpg

Surely spending all this money on components would give me a higher score right? My spec is in my signature bhy the way.

I'm feeling very depressed as I've seen people getting over 17,000 on 3Dmark03 with a 7800GTX :( Any ideas of what the problem could be will be GREATLY appreciated!

What the?! I even got 11,xxx with my 6800 NU (although I unlocked my pipelines). Try downloading the latest drivers from nVIDIA.

Already have done, :( Got the 78.01 from nVidia, and well there must be something wrong. On the the troll demo on 3DMark03, it's fps went down to 5, and then stayed at 7 for ages which inckluded a lot of lagg :(

I'm really annoyed at the fact that something is wrong :(

Any other ideas?

A new install of XP, if you'll forgive my language this one time, leaves behind so much S**T. I allways run a reg cleaner right after doing a fresh install along with my little trusty friend> crap cleaner. Find junk files is another good one to run after that also. Next go to www.blackviper.com(yes he's back!!!) and check on the services you can shut off.
All these things serve to rob your system of top performance. So get the programs and run them and see how much better it does.
Here's the links>
crap cleaner
www.ccleaner.com
find junk files
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,22490,tfg,tfg,00.asp
services/processes you can turn off
www.blackviper.com
reg cleaner
Mine is in Russian so you're on your own there. It's the only one I trust.
But here's the name of it anyway. NBGCleanr.
So there you have it in a nutshell. Run the programs from safe mode and they'll do a vastly superior job than runing from normal.
And do be careful about what services you shut off. You can lock yourself out of your computer.

WTF?!?!?? I get higher than that with my 6600GT and Athlon 64 3500+!!!!! Double check your clock rate on your video card. Is it at the correct stock level? Some video cards advertise high clock rates but actual install will result in lowered rate. In that case, OC it to what it was meant to run.

Are you getting any error anywhere? Device Manager? etc?

o man nice system, I had one almost exactly like that except I use Pentium, and it ran pretty good...
Hope you get it working

download a program called coolbits this unlocks the options to overclock once u do that check the clock speeds also u might want to check the bios because there might be a setting in there thats wrong

the deceived said:
On the the troll demo on 3DMark03, it's fps went down to 5, and then stayed at 7 for ages which inckluded a lot of lagg :(

I'm really annoyed at the fact that something is wrong :(

omg, are u serious? Even I get more than that with my great and magnificent fx5700. Though my overall score is only ~3000. But u should be getting way better scores.

Have u tried any different drivers?

I might have a solution. Did you plug in your molex connector to your 7800GTX and the 12V rail for the AMD? And did you flash a NEW bios to the Gigabyte board for DUAL CORE SUPPORT? ANd did you make sure the baord is running in SINGLE GPU mode? Check all of these!

Back
Top Bottom