help me please

I would try getting anouther 80mm fan sucking air in from the front of the PC (if you have a place to put it)Also try rewiring you PC with ROUND cable to make airflow better.

would round wires make air flow better? and um on my side fan sucking out...wouldnt dat ristrict airflow to my heat sink

No, it would carry heat away from the CPU area. And yes, rounded cables would be much better for airflow (duh, they're smaller!).

u guys have only been talking about the temps of the cpu what about the temps of the vid card? i think that cpu temp is fine mine used to be the same until i got a zalman fan for it but before that i never had an overheating problem so what is the temps of your vid card while gaming?

well, I'd agree, the CPU temperature does sound a little high, but most of you guys are forgetting something here. There is a difference between what the maximum CPU operating temperature is and what everybody else runs at. Sure, your CPU should usually run at 37 degrees if properly cooled, but your CPU is capable of running up to 70-80 degrees. Anyone that says otherwise needs to read up the spec sheets. The athlon 64 has thermal protection built in too, and lowers the clock multiplyer and voltage to cut the temperature in the event of overheating.

I'd focus on lowering the overall temperature of the system, and looking for other causes of this random crashing. Giving your above average CPU temperature (but within the CPU threshold), I dont think it's unreasonable to think that your graphics card is the culprit. The GF6 series run almost maxed out to the maximum temperature threshold anyway, so i'd blame that.

Back
Top Bottom