if AMD are so good why...

Eh. Dell is getting better. They're straying away from the generic light black and grey cases and going with the more eye catching silver/black etc.

alvino said:
Eh. Dell is getting better. They're straying away from the generic light black and grey cases and going with the more eye catching silver/black etc.

Yes, and their new XPS actually uses a NON INTEL BOARD! Congrats Dell, you got a CLUE! IT uses the nVidia x16 SLi board, which is not yet available for purchase.

Mhm. Have you seen their Inspiron XPS Notebook? It's so nice...it's ranked as one of the best gaming notebooks in the market today.

alvino said:
Mhm. Have you seen their Inspiron XPS Notebook? It's so nice...it's ranked as one of the best gaming notebooks in the market today.

Yes, I must admit, it is quite nice.... (hates Admitting that...) Their new XPS (despites its P4ism...) with the 16x SLi is nice as well....

Yeah, too bad it uses the Pentium 4...

But I got no problems with the Pentium M! :D I'm using it for my laptop build anyways.

Dishdog said:
you can't force a company into using your product. the bashing into the dirt part, i think thats just perfect buissness. like if M$ could totally wipe out the PS3 would they? in the heart beat. it all comes to who makes more money.

just had to say this. Bahing another company into the ground is perfectly legal, it just means you have better business tactics. However, to threaten companies saying that if they use amd processors or advertise amd processors/use too many of them, then intel will stop doing business with them (i think that was one of the allogations against intel) is in violation of antitrust laws. Thats not a move to increase their sales or force amd to close down by creating better product or better advertising promotions, thats a sleezy unethich unmoral and illegal attempt not to monopolize the market. KEep in mind their are such things as legal monopolies, but the monopoly intel is accuesd of attmepting to form is not legal. done :D.

^^If AMD's are so much better then intels then why would companies care if intel would stop selling to them?

AMD for games, single apps, office/work stuff, basic home use.

Intel for multitasking, encoding and rendering, editing movies and photos, more multimedia.

The new dual core X2 from AMD pretty much represents the death of Intel though, it beats it in pretty much everything, there's no need to go Intel any longer if you can afford an X2.

That's the bottom line. X2 owns all, currently. Who knows what 2006 will bring. Well, we have a general idea with AMD going to Socket M2 and DDR2. Then Intel is trying to imrpove on their dual cores and coming out with quad cores soon.

Intel is gonna come out with the 65nm manufacturing process...sweetness...

Intel's Pentium M is getting a change. The new Yonah dual-core (Q4 2005 - Q1 2006) mobile processor will be using the 65nm process and will have a 2mb L2 Cache. It will also be Intel's first dual-core processor designed from scratch.

Another new core, the Merom (Q3 2006) will support the EM64T instruction set (also built with the 65nm process) and will basically be the mobile version of the Conroe core, which is supposed to be the sucessor to the Pentium 4, but built differently. Merom's design, like that of the Pentium M, places emphasis on both high performance and low power consumption, consuming about half of the power consumed by Dothan. The ultra-low voltage Merom chips will consume as little as 0.5W of power, enabling ultra portable laptops to have battery lives in the tens of hours.

If Intel pulls the Merom core off (which I hope they do), AMD will have more trouble defeating Intel (the key to Intel's defeat is through mobile, not desktop). The Turion still has to crack the Pentium M's time proven performance and prove itself. We'll see... :)

Back
Top Bottom