Nintendo Revolution Controller Unveiled...

it's a big risk though...

I mean what developer will take the risk of using the new, (cutting edge) technology that is only used in the nintendo, whilst the Xbox, and PS (the biggest market shareholders are still stuck in the past with noly buttons with no spacial awareness technology in the games being possible?

Yeah, it seems like it.
The analog controler that can connect to it though, and the buttons on the other controller could be used the same way as the older controllers if desired by developers, so it wouldn't pose that much of an issue if you think of it that way.

Probably the worst controller now is the PS3's. It's only a uglier version of the DualShock 2 but with Bluetooth.

The Revolution's controller is nice, but I would prefer to wrap my hands around something ergonomic like the Xbox 360's controllers instead of a boxy remote control that even requires you to have another analog stick that plugs in through the expansion port.

Yeah, I get what you mean. Its not as, lets say, new as I thought they'd come up with. It seems rather tacky at the moment.

As for the PS3 controller, it'll probably be good to hold though which is really what matters

That tiny little thing is the game contoller?!?!??! My hand is bigger than that. So one hand is on the remote control type thing and the other hand is like trying to get pass your other hand just to access the little tiny buttons? In my opinion, I would much rather use the traditional game pad. It sure won't be comfortable playing on it. Maybe it's suppose to be a remote control to watch TVs or something.

boxy remote it may be,

tell me one thing, why do you need an analogue stick when the control can sense it's position, and respond?
the answer is you dont, anything that could have been done by moving an analogue stick can now be done by just moving your wrist...

So your hand can react to what's going on, on the screen? Nintendo had this before with the power glove or something like that awhile back, remember that one? It was neat when it came out but faded away like the rest. If they can reinvent it in a way where it attracts the market, we could see a whole new evolution in gaming.

Yeah but honestly come on. For instance, with a racing game, would you want to just move it left and right? It wouldn't be like holding a wheel.

Plus, for instance controlling a character in 3D space, I wouldn't want to make him/her jump by pulling up the controller.

Many of Nintendos early creations like that failed, adn this controller isn't as evolutionised as I thought it would be.

I think they can re-invent...

FPS games that you can aim in, rather than wiggle a stick.
Flying games that you can contol flight with your hands.
even their air hockey demo reviewed on the site sounds great, air hock on yuor tv, exactly how it is in the arcades!

I don't see how any of the other bananna controllers can possibly compete really.

I realise that waving this box from side to side is not like holding a wheel, but neither is moving an analogue stick!!

And there is seemingly no limit to the number of way this controller could be used,

Snooker cue, golf club, joy stick for flight games, gun, bat, club...

if you can name it and hold it, it seems this controller could be used to represent it. or if you could imagine controlling a path by dragging something, this controller can do it.

Personally, I'll be watching the games development very closely, but it seems that nintendo have really pulled somethig wonderfull out at the last minute...

I think the amount of threads on various forums that are talking about this model controller and how they have eclipsed the xbox release date threads seemingly all over the internet speaks volumes!!

root said:
boxy remote it may be,

tell me one thing, why do you need an analogue stick when the control can sense it's position, and respond?
the answer is you dont, anything that could have been done by moving an analogue stick can now be done by just moving your wrist...

Because a FPS requires the traditional two analog sticks. Now, you can just move your wrist, but to move forward, backward and to strafe sideways, you still need the analog stick. Of course, it really depends what games you play and are on the system.

Back
Top Bottom