Nintendo Revolution Controller Unveiled...

alvino

Golden Master
It's absolutely awesome looking...doesn't look very ergonomic, but it's nice nevertheless. It's wireless and is tilt sensitive so you can slash it like a sword if the game requires you to or if you're in a FPS, just point and shoot. Very cool I must say...it even has an expansion port for future things like a analog stick that you hold on your other hand.

hands-on-the-revolution-controller-.jpg

http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651275p1.html
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/15/news_6133335.html

I donno, it doesn't look too good. I guess I'd have to use it to decide, but I don't think I'd like that.

why is it that only the 360 has a normal controller,lol. if they pull of the tilt part it will be one of the best controllers. it would almost be like the gun for duck hunt for NES,lol.(the gun still wins,lol)

Haha, as weird as it may seem, it's still a very creative controller...not what anyone really expected. I guess Nintendo is just good at creating the unexpected, considering the Revolution has been kept under cover for a while.

Yeah, same here. You know what's cool about the Wired version of the Xbox 360 controller? It's compatable with Windows! Haha, so you don't need to buy another gamepad, if you use one for gaming (some do).

Yeah, but it doesn't look good if you're gonna use it for shooters. But, of course, I shouldn't be judging a book by it's cover. :)

Ummmm,

what can I say.. Wow... I think that this has pretty much blown the competition out of the water, if you read the demos that were used to demonstrate the conrtoller, it's easy to see how these can be developed into a whole host of arcade/party style games...

wow... just wow... I really can't wait until release day... this may involve some kind of holiday to get a revolution early...

Hmm, I'm about to watch the demonstration, but my first impressions are, it looks like a dvd remote, and how on earth would you press the A button for example while using the D pad if its faced up that way by standard?...

Anyway, lets watch it :p

Well, its very interesting (except for the english voice which is really...well like a robot lol). I like the way the buttons are at the back, and also the movment option for games and the expansion (the expansion would more likely be for racing games, etc which would be impossible to play almost without it)

I don't really like the option of making characters jump by puling it up, but FP shooters I know will gain alot from it, and also initutive games usually made by Nintendo anyway, for example music games.

So to me, it has rather kewl features, but I have a feeling developers will have to change there ways a rather lot, but I do know the games will be fun to play, though sometimes, you might not want to point at the screen all the time.

I'm sure it'd be a great experience though, and so...not bad really. Its definietly not what I expected.

Back
Top Bottom