beware of ebuyer

root old boy,
if there is any one liableing anyone, its you with dabs!
"Dabs, (WTF?!?) - who in their right mind would recomend dabs!!!
their ordering process sucks...
they are expensive,
they don't deliver on time.
there is no helpdesk to phone.
their site is hard to navigate when you have a complaint."
you said it lol.
and as for my sister in law: even though i dont need to prove anything to a preacher like you i will.
she is not a child, she is 20 years old. and im sure she would not be greatfull of any pitty from someone as compasionat as yourself. she lives in a place called llanwdyn in wales, and cannot drive. she was going to travell to my place some 90 miles away this weekend to pick up the p.c which i was to build for her (her mom was bringing her). now even if i get the parts today, she will have to wait another week.
i dont know why you have decided to become the reprasentative for POOR HARRASSED SECURITY GUARDS. perhaps that is your job and your in a union lol.
fact is, the only way to get into the que is to ring security. i had a good long chat with guys on security and they will tell anyone that" we are having a few problems with the phone lines to customer service" lol.
woz

My point about dabs referred specifically to a post on the site that you linked to...

again, I realise that you are frustrated, I realise that you are pissed off, but again, it's not really an excuse to start calling people who have nothing to do with your order to jump the suport queue... And it was fairly irrisponsible of the guy to post that number and start suggesting that you did phone it!!

Like I said, sit tight and your order will arrive...

I don't feel at all 'sorry' for your sister in law, and I don't pitty her either, frankly her disabilities have nothing to do with me -you were the one who brought them up (they have nothing to do with yuor order from ebuyer, So I don't quite know how it was even relevant to the discussion. I would have posted the same about anyone who claims that a supplier is holding their order and they can't possibly do without the money... If she couldn't live without that money what on earth was she doing spending it?! - Again I realise that not actually my buisiness, I just thought it was an interesting counterpoint to your idea that ebuyer were somehow evil because your order had been delayed...

And no, my job isn't a security guard, it's in IT support, So I can empathise with the poor buggers sitting at that desk who are having to answer your silly missdirected questions that aren't actually meant for them, but out of sheer politness they will put on a nice smile, a friendly chat and direct you in the right direction.
My choice to become some kind of spokesperson for them is that I have to deal with idiots everyday who call the wrong phone number, wanting something I cannot possibly deal with...
Even people email me, (my address is specific to IT support) quite why they think I would deal with anything else, I'll never know.

I don't think there is anything more that can be said in this conversation...

I mean the various points have been raised:
firstly that Ebuyer have become somewhat unreliable in the past two weeks, as they are moving premesis,
That I agree with, but after two years of steady reliable service, (since I've been using them at least) they have been unfaultable...
The topic tittle "beware of Ebuyer" is a little unfounded/unfair in that respect. I am sure the usual hihg class service will be resumed shortly after the backlog is cleared.

The second point, phone security because then you'll get through, to me just reeks of stupidity, How the hell is someone who is in charge of a dog and a gate going to help locate your missing order? they aren't paid to be a switch board, they are paid to secure the ebuyer grounds, and your call is tying up their line and their time preventing them from doing such.

The third point, your sisters disability is irrelevant, and I imagine even if you were to say to ebuyer that your poor disabled sister was desperatly waiting on these part, they too would consider this irrelevant to their ordering process, (as far as I am aware ebyer offer no positive descrimination processes)...

Unless anyone else can add anything usefull I'll lock this thread, (that is to say Wozelbeak, I'll give you a chance to respond, before things get out of hand).

ok root now you have finished steering this thread away from what it started as, i will put it back on line.
my thread was a warning to people to be aware of the problems you will encounter if buying from ebuyer at this time.
i have finaly made contact with them this morning after 3 1/2 days. and to top the whole episode off, they dont have everything i ordered in stock anymore. so i have had to order the things which they no longer have from another company.
make your own mind up as to wether or not it is worth ordering from them at the moment.
woz

Honestly, lets type term papers to each other.. you both need to shut up about this.. who cares? Ebuyer sucks, ZipZoomFly sucks, DABS sucks, LIFE SUCKS... I am not complaining. This is completely out of hand and so disorganized and random... PEOPLE!! They are PC parts! Your time is NOT that important, just as mine is not! Now, don't get me wrong, of course you are going to be mad, upset, enraged, and spiteful towards a company if they waste your time, but honestly... this "let's write term papers to each other argueing over which company (which by the way, we have NO bearing on whatsoever) has the worst/best shipping and customer service" thing is getting REALLY REALLY BIG AND LONG AND ANNOYING. So just DROP IT PLEASE... *says in an Arnold voice* BEFORE I BREAK YOU! HAHAHAAHH!!!

Unhappy Ebuyer Customer

I brought a 17" TFT Acer screen from Ebuyer and it took 4 days to turn up when I was informed it was a next day. After that i found the monitor had several dead pixels. 30 calls later i could still not get hold of them. Eventually i gave up. I tried mails but u may as well talk to a lamp post in the street. Frustration is the worst thing in the world. Hoe much money do they make £180Mill a year of something stupid like that.

I ended up flogging that Screen to some poor soul on ebay for a cheap price. Annoyed me cause it was such a waste of my time. In the end i got the same monitor from Excite IT, for about the same and the service was alot better.

Just goes to show, u can get good products with a service which should be a given in this day and age i think.

SORT IT OUT!!!!

wether or not ebuyer has messed up this order out of a thousand, leaving 999 people happy its no excuse for having a poorly manned help line. They know that orders get messed (shit happens) but for that reason they need to have a good customer care line (espiecally if they are in the middle of moving factory) they should know that one customer is 100 times more likly to blab about poor service than 100 customers are to talk about good service. Having 999 pleased customers is no excuse to forget about that one! Its just bad business, which was acceptable 70 yrs ago but not today!!!

Back
Top Bottom