what is with the .exe's

this has been discussed in many threads...

It appears to be an installer aplications, possibly some kind of spyware, it's comming from one of the advertising sites linked in the advertising banners, (which may be calling pop-ups or pop-unders). it is not comming from ComputerForums...

Personally I suggest blocking the site they are originating from, this can be done using the hosts file c:\windows\system23\drivers\etc\host...

just write

127.0.0.1 qoolaid.com qoolaid.com as the last line of the file and save it.

the add will still be loaded, so as far as burstnet (the ad company) are concerned the add will have been loaded.
just in the pop up window it'll either asy server cannot be located, or display whatever you have as the index page on your local webserver (if you have one).

Nobody is any the wiser, (except qoolaid.com) who realise they are not getting hits that they are being charged for... but then it's their fault for tryingh to put spyware on your pc's!

root said:
this has been discussed in many threads...

It appears to be an installer aplications, possibly some kind of spyware, it's comming from one of the advertising sites linked in the advertising banners, (which may be calling pop-ups or pop-unders). it is not comming from ComputerForums...

Personally I suggest blocking the site they are originating from, this can be done using the hosts file c:\windows\system23\drivers\etc\host...

just write

127.0.0.1 qoolaid.com qoolaid.com as the last line of the file and save it.
Yes, block qoolaid.com

well this is diffrent from coolaid this one im WAS getting (not showing up no more) was not from cool aid but it did only come up when i logged onto this site.

Osak ther are no excecutables distributed via this site...

right click and view the source if you don't believe me...

All these download files are coming from the advert sites affiliates with Burstnet.

Back
Top Bottom