beware of ebuyer

neochivers, are you just trying to build your post count up, cause i don't see any point in your posts.
once you place your order with ebuyer, you should still have the option to add to it cancell it or amend it. but i can't on mine! all options are locked.
woz

look in aboput two weeks im gona order a large ammount of gear of them im just worried now .. is that so bad? is it?

try ringing them tomorow to discuss your order.
you might understan what i have been telling you for the last two days.
they stink.
woz

I tried phoning e-buyer on Monday.

Phone calls 1 - 50 odd 'Hello, you are through to E-buyer - Sorry but all our phonelines are busy at the moment, please try later' click, buzzzzzzz.

Then I got 'Hello, you are through to E-buyer, please wait whilst you are put through to one of our representatives' click, buzzzzzzzzzz!!!!

How can they state that the average waiting time for a phonecall is around 8 minutes when they don't even put you in a queue???!!!!

My average phonecall lasts about 10 seconds and that's about as far as I get!

I have to say though that apart from the absolutely abysmal telephone service most of the time they do get it right. Orders are usually on time in my experience and return requests have so far been handled well. I'll let you know next week after I return the faulty DVD recorder to them that I bought last week!

wozelbeak said:
Root My Good Friend,
It Is Not A Case Of They Might Have Stuffed Up, It Is A Case Of They Have Stuffed Up. The Only Person You Can Get A Phone Call To Is A Security Guard On The Gate! He Will Tell You That They Are Moving Premessis, Hence The Cock Ups! Well That Aint Just Good Enough!
They Are A Buissness That Depends On Keeping Its Costomers Happy. If They Can't Arrange Their Move From One Site To Another Without Enfuriating The Masses, They Should Not Have Moved! And To Advertise Their Help Line Wait As About Ten Minutes, Well That Is Blatant Lies.
I Use Micro Direct And Ebuyer Quite Often, And Find Their Customer Service Just About Sufficient. They Are Slightly Dearer Than Ebuyer Hence I Did Not Use Them This Time. But Come On Lets Face It, If Anyone Has To Wait Three Days Anywhere To Get Through To Your Supplier Then It Aint Good.
Woz
They shouldn't have moved? Who are you to dictate that a growning company should stay in an office that is too small? who are you to phone the security guard? I read that site with interest, yes, people have been callnig security, but to what end? so that they can jump the queue, by calling the security office to jump the queue you are adding to the problems they are facing, you're certainly not helping to fix them!!

There are recomendations on that site for Komplette, (I've heard bad reports abut them), but never used them so I can't really say...

Bluepoint, - Who are a great little company, My experiances of them are they are fast and reliable, but I've only ever collected from their warehouse, so I can't say much for their ordering service... their telephone service is fast and reliable, you get your own account manager who you ask for by name,
The problem with them is that they only accept orders from buisnesses, and don't like small trade. Other than that, I'd definitly recomend them...

Dabs, (WTF?!?) - who in their right mind would recomend dabs!!!
their ordering process sucks...
they are expensive,
they don't deliver on time.
there is no helpdesk to phone.
their site is hard to navigate when you have a complaint.

the only good side abuot them is that when you want to return something they pay the postage!!

Overall, if I had to deal with any company it'd be Bluepoint, (www.bluepoint.net) they are fast friendly and efficiant... and incredibly cheap...

next my recomendation would be ebuyer, whenever I've ordered from them, the stuff has arrived ontime or earlier, it's allways been correct, allways been intact. regardless of what postage options I've selected, and regardless of whether the site lists it as in or out of stock!!..

As I've said, I've never had any problems, and I'm sure that the problems you are facnig now are simply just small problems caused by the move in premesis. certainly nothing to write home about, and no reason the never use them ever again...
and definitly not any kind of reason to start phoneing their premesis security guards to try to jump he queues at the call centres! that just holds things up for everyone else...

root my freind, you are misinterpreting what i said "If They Can't Arrange Their Move From One Site To Another Without Enfuriating The Masses, They Should Not Have Moved!" as you can see i did not say that they should not move at all.
as a moderator i would have expected you to have not misenterpreted my post.
and also from my first post you can see what i was aiming to do " it is a post to inform people to be carfull when purchasing parts or items from ebuyer."
i did not say don't use them, but advised on the problems they are having.
and if my oppinion is that i wont use a company again, that takes my money and gives nothing in return, well frankly thats my oppinion.
if you like useing bluepoint, well thats your choice, and if you dont like dabs, again thats your choice, but please don't preach to me about dictating. you said "They shouldn't have moved? Who are you to dictate that a growning company should stay in an office that is too small?" well as proven above i did not say that.
you also said:
"and I'm sure that the problems you are facnig now are simply just small problems caused by the move in premesis." well it might be a small problem to you, but the £550 pounds of my handicaped sister in laws money, is not a small problem to her.
regards woz.

Ahhh...
so it's not just £550 any moer, it's £550 of yuor poor handicapped sisters money now...
(a little emotional blackmail goes a long way now doesn't it!!)
Prey tell.. good sir wozelbeak, how exactly your poor handicapped sister, who cannot possibly do without this money came to be buying you computer parts...

Rather turned the tables on that particular emotional little tug when you think about it like that.

Yes, I've been stiffed by companies before, yes, it's annoying, no it's not the end of the world. As son as Ebuyer aer back on their feet having moved premesis I'm sure your purchases will arrive, and then maybe you can all go back to phoning the helpdesk rather than harassing the security guards...

As for not preaching my choices, Perhaps you should have a second read of your own preaches, (ooops sorry I meant posts) and red erally what you are saying about this company...
their is such a thing as liable slander you know...

Back
Top Bottom