Free anti-virus and Internet protection

Rock217

Baseband Member
I just reformated my harddrive ( Windows ME) and when trying to load Nortons Internet Security it said that the product key has been used too many times and would not allow me to regestor the software eventhough I have 5 months left on my subscription.
When searching this site in regards to free anti-virus or internet security software, everything that people list, when going to the sites list there software as a trial version for a limited time and then want you to purchase it.
Is there any software that is a full, free version?
Thanks

for anti-virus AVG or AntiVir personal
for firewall Zone alarm
and almost every anti-spyware stuff is free.

If u want norton (which I don't recommend) u can just call the customer support, explain ur situation and they might give u a new product key.

Yes, i don't like any Norton products ... they're not helpful at all
And a combination of free ones will do you much better off compared to norton ... avg for virus and ad aware, spybot s&d and microsoft antispyware for antispyware and zone alarm for firewall
Download these and you'll get more out of your software compared to norton ... 100 to 1

You can get AVG vsn 7.0 from www.grisoft.com

Seems to do a good job. Regular updates of definitions. Just go to the above address and find the 'free for personal use' option.

I use Sygate from www.sygate.com. Seems less resource hungry than zonealarm. Seems some people prefare zonealarm so I guess it's a personal opinion.

HTH

AVG Free and AntiVir are the best free antivirus programs.

ZoneAlarm is pretty much the perfect firewall; awesome interface, easy-to-use, top-of-the-range protection, and free of charge!

Ad-Aware, Spybot, SpywareBlaster, Spyware Guard are good free antispyware tools.

Back
Top Bottom