New computer

jc1104

Beta member
Hi, I just bought a new computer and built it myself but used my old harddrives, hitachi 7200 RPM sata raid. My motherboard is n4 and for some reason it says windows does not detect my harddrives. I think that im supposed to install sata raid drivers but i cant find my floppys, does anyone know what i can do? thanks

Yes u need to install the sata drivers. If u can't find the floppy then download the drivers from the manufacturers website and put them to a floppy.

thanks, i found the floppys, installed and still gave me detect no harddrive error.. i tried extracting from my mobo CD to floppy but gave me an error also..

would this be easier getting IDE harddrives? =\

jc1104 said:
thanks, i found the floppys, installed and still gave me detect no harddrive error.. i tried extracting from my mobo CD to floppy but gave me an error also..

would this be easier getting IDE harddrives? =\

Did you engage the SATA in the BIOS per controller? The controllers need to be engaged. Also check your SATA cables by trying a different cable, as SATA cables are damaged easily.

Thanks for the help.. I just bought a IDE harddrive and it doesn't give me problems like SATA ones do >.>

well.. i think i lost all my stuff in those harddrives.. i installed all the sata drivers but still doesn't show up.. it shows up in SATA/raid controller or something though.

Back
Top Bottom