Urgent, Help!

MarxSoccer

BSOD
Alright, so I do the change your XP "start" bar from theeldergeek.com

I go to restart, and I had a disc check scheduled, so I let that run. It comes up a little slow, then just says welcome, when usually it has the accounts listed. After a little while, it looks like it goes straight into an account, but only shows the wallpaper, nothing else. I just now tried boot in safe mode, didn't go to the Admin account but tried to get on my account in safe mode, does the same thing, blank screen. HELP!??!

Sounds like you messed up the explorer file or something similar. Try doing a system restore. (And don't mess around with delicate Windows settings like that!)

Can you talk me through that real quick? I can't even get into windows so I don't know how I would do that!?

Well, hmmm.... That's a tough one. You might be able to repair Windows with the Windows installer disc. If you load it at boot, there should be an option like that somewhere. Also, if you go into safe mode and log into the admin account, you should be able to get to system restore (which is recommended over Windows repair).

Hit F8, to get into safe mode. Totally skips account login page. Don't know if I'm on my or the Admin account, but it's still blank besides the "safe mode" in the corners.

Gawd :(

Back
Top Bottom