Graphics card

spiderman

Solid State Member
Hi all,

Does a quality graphics card with a high frame rate improve ur game play in on line gaming?? £250 just for better "graphics" seems a bit much ! I'm new to on line play and computers, So don't no really what to do about it!
All help appreciated.

Cheers

Feircepc said:
yes it will improved ur gaming epericne in general.

Basically my online scores will improve then.....? Is that what higher frame rate means? You can see your opponents before they see you?

The graphics card just determines how WELL you can see them. Now if your opponent has a laggy graphics card, you will have an advantage, but this is usually not the case, and you can't count on that.

a better graphics card will get you a higer fps (frames per second). Think of playing videogames just a whole bunch of pictures shown one after another in sequence. If you have just 1 frame per second, its going to look pretty choppy, and you wouldnt have fluid motion. 1 fps is extremly low, you still see motion choppiness at around 30 fps to an extent. Whereas a good graphics card can give you 100 fps, a very fluid motion, no choppiness. It looks much better. Also not to mention that some videocards just simply wont play certain games at all. Also graphics cards can make things look better and prettier. Also graphics cards can play games at higher settings, also making them look prettier.

spiderman said:
Hi all,

Does a quality graphics card with a high frame rate improve ur game play in on line gaming?? £250 just for better "graphics" seems a bit much ! I'm new to on line play and computers, So don't no really what to do about it!
All help appreciated.

Cheers

What I recommend to you is, look at what games you play. Do they seem to lag (that is slow down during intense moments with many characters or things going at once) or is everything running smoothly?

Opteronix said:
What I recommend to you is, look at what games you play. Do they seem to lag (that is slow down during intense moments with many characters or things going at once) or is everything running smoothly?

Yes it does lag at intense times, the card i have is very basic ATI RADEON 9200SE.

spiderman said:
Yes it does lag at intense times, the card i have is very basic ATI RADEON 9200SE.

Ah... a wee bit antique. This can be fixed though! Where do you live and how much do you want to spend?

Back
Top Bottom