just some questions.

Feircepc

Daemon Poster
ok i looked at an antistatic wrist band what do i ground it too? and i am getting a evga 5500 for my old pc so what power supply would i need?

oh ok and what kind of power supply do i need and would it ok to get like a 500watt psu? because some people say its bad if to much and not good enough if not high enough. so this will be my permanant psu. so is it ok to get a 500watt?

It would depend on what your installing. I have no clue what you have in your PC. Generally, you can add up all the watts from your parts and give yourself another 25% headroom.

Typical PC with average video card, you can get by with 350-400 watts while high performance PCs may need more like 450 or even higher.

it's not bad to have over the wattage of what you need. it is bad to have under what you need. a 500watt will be more then plenty for that card. i would think it needs a 300-350watt PSU to run at it's best. i would get a 400watt to to make sure you have enough.

if you want a 500watt then thats fine too.

how bout an 850? and i also am just gonna cut two big holse and but some grills there repaint the case then put two more 120mm fans. or i might just stick with one.

see when groundin to the case i heard you should have the plus in the scoket but not switched on, is this true?

Good idea on the cooling situations, but be carefull when cutting these holes. Don't leave your motherboard and CPU in the case (not that you need telling) :D

When you say 'how bout an 850?', I'm guessing you're talking about watts on a PSU. 850W is WAY too much overkill for your system. I mean you don't even need over 650W to run two 7800GTXs in SLi with a whole range of other power hungry components!! Just stick to 500W maximum, as the 850W will burn a huge hole in your pocket.

guess. i actually devided not to cut the wholes they would be way to big. and so i was just gonna get a evga 6600 for like 100 bucks and some more cooling.

Back
Top Bottom