Follow up on my old thread...Please Help again!!! Thanks

redsox99

Beta member
Ok I was just wondering if there is any way to fix this without purchasing anything like a new video card or something. This is a follow up of the thread i posted a few days ago. If someone can let me know how to fix this or by a step-by-step process, I would greatly appreciate it.

Right now I am working from safe mode with networking. I turn on my computer normally and i get to the welcome screen, and the monitor turns on and off whenever I move the mouse. When I finally do get to click on my name, it loads my desktop but it freezes up whenever i try to click an icon. Alot of times the computer turns off the monitor itself. I have a Dell 4400. When i go into the desktop the screen goes blank, the monitor turns off and a blue screen appears. It says that the problem was most likely caused by *nv4_disp* and is caused to go into an infinite loop.

P.S. I dont have a virus.....

Wow, that's f***ed up. Ummm.... well it sounds like a hardware issue. Try different RAM and/or a video card. Also check that the video card and monitor drivers are current.

Back
Top Bottom