Wow... just wow...

the deceived said:
This movie is going to set the standard for CGI movies, and well I'm not sure that anything will beat this for years to come!

Well it does look awesome. But so does the doom movie. I never actually liked final fantasy, but I bet that the plot must be better than it's going to be on doom.

The Doom movies computer generated too?

Yeh, it does look amazing, I mean the textures and polygon amounts that must have gone into this, and then theres the advanced effects like blurring and some kind of advanced lighting, and focal blur...its just immence. Hehe, what are they rendering this movie with?

I have a feeling its not since it was meant to have the Rock or someone like that in it.

i apsolutley love computer generated movies though, and the Final Fantasy Movie I thought was great, even though it didn't do very well.

This one even looks better than that!!! Its amazing. The only computer generated films I don't seem to like are ones by Dreamworks.

Opteronix said:
final-fantasy-vii-advent-children-cg.jpg

wow she look like me new G/F i got today! ... i wonder if it is based on her?

the deceived said:
Awesome thread Opteronix! I've spent months downloading any trailer, teaser and interview with Square-Enix that have been released, and well this movie is a must see in my eyes. I spent months and months on Final Fantasy VII, and well it was THE game for the Playstation. The story was amazing, and consideribng the time it was released, some of the cut scene graphics were well ahead of their rivals.

This movie is going to set the standard for CGI movies, and well I'm not sure that anything will beat this for years to come!

Without spoiling the film Opteronix, has the film still got the essence of the original game? What does Sephiroth look like? And Barret? Does the film star the city of Midgar in any scenes?

Most certainly! The movie has lots of ideals taken from the game, such as LIMIT ATTACKS, Summon (Bahamut), Cloud's HUGE Sword, Tifa's hottness, Red13's redness and flames, and Cait Sith's USELESSNESS, and Vincent's REALLY COOL RED TORN CAPE THINGY that hides children and Cloud!

As to Sephiroth... see Webster's Dictionary, WORD: EVIL, first definition should be SEPHIROTH... :) Actually, he looks something like this!
sephiroth013.jpg

And Barret, yes, his machine gun yielding ugly mug is back as well.
Barret2.jpg

And yes, Midgar.. is more then HALF the movie. And yes, Bahamut blows the crap out of 1/4 of it... ROFL!

Awesomeness...wasn't there another one called Final Fantasy: Spirits Within? I remember that one because I liked how they paradropped and landed using those green shock bubble things. :)

What I can't wait for is Halo: The Movie! :D 2006 baby!

EDIT>>> Also, didn't Square Pictures go bankrupt?

Square ALMOST went bankrupt making Spirits Within (which was also a revolutionary but widely hated movie at the time). I think the sales of Final Fantasy IX bailed them out though. Also, I believe Enix helped them out a lot (hence Square-Enix).

Back
Top Bottom