reformatting

well if partition magic deleted the user files wouldn't it delete itself and thus not run? I think it's supposed to keep the user files. I dunno though. About to try and findout

I don't understand why you don't just back the files up. I wouldn't go through the effort and take this risk, to be honest. Is there something preventing you from backing up?

well I certainly wouldn't back everything up if I could't get an external hdd for it. I got quite much stuff, prolly like 60-70GB that I wouldn't want to lose. Now I don't have a dvd-burner so it would be just cds for me. 60GB divided by 0.7Gb (approx of what a cd can hold) and ... I would need 86 cds. And burn 86 cds? They are not free and it would take quite a time to burn 86 cds.

Partition Magic is a *non-destructive* partition program. It will create partitions without deleteing any data. I've used it for years. I don't know what the current version is (I've had version 7 for the last few years, which was the first version capable of handling NTFS), so I'm not sure if they offer a trial or not. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom