Why Are My MP3s "Stuttering"?

Pekoe1111

Beta member
Whenever I use Realplayer to play MP3 streams, they "stutter". When use Windows Media Player for streams, it works fine. Also, using ITunes, the MP3s stutter.

Why would this happen and what can I do?

Thanks,

Barry

Try checking in Options for something about buffering. Maybe while streaming from the internet, it isn't loading enough.

Not Just Streaming

This is happening when I use ITunes to play music already downloaded to my computer.

Sorry, I just got confused when you said MP3 streams.

Hmm, it could still be something to do with the buffer though, i.e, the sound buffer which stores the music in a small buffer so it doesn't have to load continually. Think of it this way. Your in a car, listening to a CD and there are bumps in the road.
The only reason it doesn't jump is because the music enters a buffer and runs from that before having to load a section of the CD again.

Though it is weird it happens with 2 programs. I do have a suggestion though. Have you got onboard sound? One connected to the motherboard and not a soundcard plugged into the PCI port?

If so, this might be the problem as these take up vaulable processor time, and if a program needs alot, or you are doing alot in the background, then it can jump quite frequently.
I'd suggest closing off as many programs running in the background as you can that you aren't running and trying again. It might just be that you are pushing the sound to work, when the processor might already be processing something, hence the jumps, because it would register the sound as something for second place.

I hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom