help me please

GreddyTegra

Baseband Member
hey there guys ive been getting alot of problems only when gaming like when i start playing on certain parts it jus suddenly shuts down
can you guys help me out thannks

GreddyTegra said:
hey there guys ive been getting alot of problems only when gaming like when i start playing on certain parts it jus suddenly shuts down
can you guys help me out thannks

THREE POSSIBLE CAUSES:

A). You have Overclocked your graphics card to a level beyond normal operating perameters, and thusly, have caused the card to either overheat or become drastically unstable.

B). Your Powersupply is inadequate to power your graphics card under FULL LOAD.

C). Your graphics card drivers or motherboard Southbridge chipset drivers have corrupted. Try reinstalling them.

What is your graphics card and how large is your powersupply? What OS are you using? And last question, what temperatures is your GFX card operating at when at minimal load (windows environment) and FULL LOAD (in a newer game)

alright lol my power supply is 500W my graphics card is a ATI 9600 pro 128 and um when im gaming my cpu is around 50-60 degrees celsius
but the thing is on my power supply i set it to auto should i try to set it at 500W?

You have a heat problem, try adding some more fans or rewireing you PC to let more air flow threw.

A heat problem??? 50 - 60 degrees doesn't seem too high when running games. My CPU usually runs at this temp and doesn't shut down. Not saying you are wrong, but it wouldn't be the first thing I would be thinking.

Sounds more like a problem with the graphics card. Have you tried installing the latest drivers?? If so did this problem start when you last updated them or has it always been a problem??

I heard that some Catalyst drivers had issues with certain games. I used to have a Radeon 9550 and that would shut down when I was playing trackmania sunrise and apparently a lot of people had the same issue with the same game. Does it only happen on certain games or is it random???

WHOA WHOA WHOA here... pls.. calm down everyone. What type of CPU is it? If it is a Pentium4, those temperatures are fine, if it is an AMD however, they ARE NOT FINE.

well its a amd 64 3200 + with a abit mobo and um i havbe like 3 fans and the heat sink i have on it is a artic cooling 64 silencer ultra...any thing wrong? and when idle its around 34 degrees C

def need more cooling. try to keep ur pc around 40 celcius when playing games. thats a really high temp i think u should consider getting some more cooling. i need more fans and i got a 3400. those temps may be killing the life of ur computer.

Yea thats a heat problem you should not see temps that high with a AMD.

*EDIT* you should have one fan sucking air in and one fan pushing air out, also try to have a fan on the side pannel drawling air in.

Back
Top Bottom