Wow... just wow...

Opteronix

BSOD
Ok, so I know that downloading from torrents is illegal, and thusly cannot be discussed on a public forum. However, I did download Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children from a torrent which will remain anonymous for reasons above. This thread is in no intention to encourage you to download this movie from ANY source. I encourage you to buy it, as that is EXACTLY what I am doing when it comes out (I just couldn't wait since the release date keeps changing).

So, now on to the point of this thread. THE MOVIE.

I just finished watching it, and needless to say, I was AMAZED. First off, the graphics are absolutely amazing, Square Enix is just showing off so much: from the water effect, to the high dynamic range lighting (HDR) to the texture shadowing and re-texture passover effects. The amount of sprites is obvious. I took the liberty of getting a screenshot of the middle of the movie in HD for you FF-VII fans out there. It is Red13, back again for his debut in Advent Children!

So anyways.. the movie is AMAZING.. graphically.. and the story, well, it fits in nicely. I won't spoil ANYTHING in this post for ANYONE, but I can say that.... OMNISLASH is absolutely godlike....

That's how I was with Age of Empires 3. The graphics are just so amazing in that demo release. But that screenshot looks pretty sharp. AoE3 has improved on its movies, but not like what you have up there. The actual gameplay scene are the biggest improvements.

I'll have to try out Final Fantasy...

TRDCorolla said:
That's how I was with Age of Empires 3. The graphics are just so amazing in that demo release. But that screenshot looks pretty sharp. AoE3 has improved on its movies, but not like what you have up there. The actual gameplay scene are the biggest improvements.

I'll have to try out Final Fantasy...

Well remember, this movie is the MOST SOPHISITICATED CGI MOVIE ever made. BTW, it isn't a game if that is what you were thinking... it is only a movie.

MORE SCREENIES!!

silverwallpaper.jpg

So gorgeous!

I thought those were the actual in-game screenshots. I was like, "what the crap", those are like the best looking game I've seen yet.

TRDCorolla said:
I thought those were the actual in-game screenshots. I was like, "what the crap", those are like the best looking game I've seen yet.

Good heavens no! This is a movie! HAHAH! it is a movie based on the BEST RPG of all time, Final Fantasy VII. It is set 2 years after the game.

MORE SCREENIES FOR YOUR DROOLING PLEASURE:

920785_20040924_screen010.jpg

Cloud.. our hero! (Can you hear me now?) LMAO!

final-fantasy-vii-advent-children-20041209065753823.jpg

Yes... that is Bahamut... yes, he is powerful.. yes he is a summon, and yes... cloud kicks his A$$!

final-fantasy-vii-advent-children-20041209065811807.jpg

Rude watches in terror as Bahamut destroys the city... oh woe is Ajit.
final-fantasy-vii-advent-children-cg.jpg

This would be Tifa kicking some A$$ as well.. She is so hot... the new animation makes her really sexy as well. My favorite character is still Vincient!

Games should look like that in the future though. I thught they would be gaining them sort of visuals on the new systems, but after looking, I guess not.

The movie looks good though.

Yes the movie looks quite good
I've realised this for quite a while now but all movies now seem extremely realistic, i am talking about the animated ones with 3d effects and so on, not the actual camera ...
Even the games are too, as technology becomes more advanced, all you get is the message that life is like a game seeing as the detail and the real life effects kind of immerse yourself in the game, probably puzzling your brain with, is this realism or just a game ?
I really don't know ... the movie looks real life ... and in my opinion, looks extremely good !

Awesome thread Opteronix! I've spent months downloading any trailer, teaser and interview with Square-Enix that have been released, and well this movie is a must see in my eyes. I spent months and months on Final Fantasy VII, and well it was THE game for the Playstation. The story was amazing, and consideribng the time it was released, some of the cut scene graphics were well ahead of their rivals.

This movie is going to set the standard for CGI movies, and well I'm not sure that anything will beat this for years to come!

Without spoiling the film Opteronix, has the film still got the essence of the original game? What does Sephiroth look like? And Barret? Does the film star the city of Midgar in any scenes?

Back
Top Bottom