linux questions

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
okay, I went to the fedora website and downloaded the 4 cd iso files of fedora core 4. what I need to know is, how do I burn them to cd the right way? they are 4 winrar archives and I extracted them to folders one at a time. now my question is, what do I do with those files now? there are a bunch of files, and like 3 folders, each with other folders. I know they're iso images, but I see no .iso or .cue file to burn. I'm a little confused here.

Thanks for the help

get nero or a cd burner that can BURN IMAGES(.iso). An image is basically an exact copy of a cd that with software you can make an exact duplicate. So, just get something like nero and use the burn image wizard and you're set.

That is if you get the right files... try here... ftp://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/download.fedora.redhat.com/linux/core/4/i386/iso/ then FC4-i386-disc1.iso, disk2, etc

EDIT... I beleive you just downloaded the content of the cd... you must download the specific ISO files.

I went to that site you gave me, they are still winrar archives...same thing I downloaded

Tommy Boy said:
I went to that site you gave me, they are still winrar archives...same thing I downloaded

huh? they are .iso files... FC4-i386-disc1.iso is one of the names...
untitled5xh.png

thats what I download.....but when they are done dling, they are winrar archives

and the icons aren't the same...they are winrar icons.....wtf?

Yes, it is because your winrar program is configured to seeing iso images, just go to preferences and file associations and then untick the iso box
After that, you should just see it as it is with the disc on it, i would recommend XP Burner Pro because i just find it much easier to burn iso images onto a cd that way

I have nero, and I know how to burn .iso images. thanks for the tip about winrar.

edit: I just fixed the problem with winrar, I'm going to burn the cd's again later when I get home. thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom