Keylogger removal issue with webroot

Half Evil

Golden Master
Hey, i have been playin the online game runscape and i have been keylogged and thus i lost my account. Im not worred about the game its just that this keylogger on my computer wont go away. I use the following spy removal software-
McAfee Virus Scan.
McAfee Fire wall (tight security)
Spy-Bot Search and Destroy
Ad-aware SE personal edition
Spy Doctor
Web Root Spy sweeper.
And weebroot is the program that has found the key logger and it calles it "Personal Inspector". And i remove it and it says please restart ur computer. So i do and then i go through my normal day and then i run everything again at night and then i scan it again and in the morning is shows that its still there. I have gone through this for like 4 days. And i kno that hes still getting the information because when i try and log on the my account it said it was already in use. Now mind that i dont care at all about the account but hes still screwing with me and hes getting every little thing that i type. All Msn and Aim convorsations everything...Please tell me how i get it off my computer. I have talked with some people and they have said format ur computer and i dont wanna go through that. So please help me. I dont kno wut to do. And are there some free programs that i can get to solve this......im outta options.
Thanks

try scanning and removing it in safe mode, press f8 just before your computer boots up windows and choose safe mode.

Well i was thinking about that but arnt those program an .exe file? becaues i dont thinik you can run .exe files in safe mode.

you can run .exe in safe mode, safe mode is just the computer only starting up the things that are essential for your computer to run like graphics drivers and stuff like that. it helps you diagnose problems better. give it a try.

oh ok. i will thanks. ima goin to do that tonight because theres so much on this comp it takes forever....but ill report back tomorrow....thanks again

meh.....booting in safe mode didnt work...anyone else have any idea on my situation?

It is probably a VARIANT TROJAN SPYWARE, so those are almost impossible to get rid of unless it is a common strain that uses the volume directory. If it is in the volume directory, simple TURN OFF SYSTEM RESTORE. It should kill it.

arrizx said:
god i still cant get it off.....someone has to kno wut to do.

It is deeply imbedded..... that is not going to be able to be uprooted. Did SpySweeper tell you the file path? If it did.. go to it via windows explorer and delete it. If it is a locked file, I might be able to whip up a batch command to get rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom