Full size vs Mid-tower cases

Space_Coyote

In Runtime
I'm trying to decide what type of case to get for my next build.

I go over to my buddy's house on occasion for LAN parties so the smaller mid-tower is nice for that reason.

I believe the full-size has better cooling because of the extra space inside.

What are some of the other pros/cons for each?

A mid-tower shouldn't have a problem with cooling as long as there is a good fan setup and everything. You do realize how big a full-tower is, right? They're pretty massive - I suggest the mid-tower.

I think as long as they are a midtower design, they sould be ok. I mean, as long as they are ATX compatible. I see no reason for a degrade in cooling. To me, they're all the same. Smaller mid tower is just more cramped than a bigger one so maybe it can be harder to work in there. I have medium size hands so it doesn't matter with me.

Ok, mid-tower it is then. I've never owned a full-size, but I have seen how big they are.

It seems to be the construction (alum/steel/plastic) and number/size of fans that dictate the price. I can't believe people pay over $200 for a case but I guess if you have the $$$.

What could you recommend in the $50-$80 range without a PSU? Most of the ones that include a PSU are only around 450W and I'd like it to be able to handle future upgrades too.

Full Tower= BAD.. they are so huge, only good for workstations and large scale PCs or very powerful setups. I use a midtower, more then enough space.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811180026

I got this case for a computer I was building for someone, and I have to say it is amazing! I don't know how it's so cheap, but it's built very well. VERY sturdy construction (not like most cheap cases where they wobble and bend easily), quality design, good parts and features. Looks great, too! Oh yeah, the faceplate glows blue when the power's on. I wanted to switch cases so bad! Anyway, that's a great deal for a great case, and it even includes the power supply.

spank_fusion said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811180026

I got this case for a computer I was building for someone, and I have to say it is amazing! I don't know how it's so cheap, but it's built very well. VERY sturdy construction (not like most cheap cases where they wobble and bend easily), quality design, good parts and features. Looks great, too! Oh yeah, the faceplate glows blue when the power's on. I wanted to switch cases so bad! Anyway, that's a great deal for a great case, and it even includes the power supply.

The inclusion of the powersupply is BAD, being that the powersupplies they include in the cases are those that tested the lowest out of a manufactured bunch. (AKA, the nVidia 6800LE chips are those 6800/GT/Ultra chips that test poorly and were unstable. The 3500+ Venice core is the best tester out of a group at that speed level, maintaining a .0004 error read test with command script written to A1-J7 all 100%. The 3000+ is the low end tester, with a .0009% error read test and a command script successfully written to only A1-J2 sectors with 100%.

Can you not reply negatively to all of my posts? Did I say that included power supplies are amazing? No, in fact I agree that they usually are not good quality. Does the inclusion of a power supply change the fact that the case rocks? No, the case is the case.

Now that you mention it, though, I just remembered that the case DOESN'T come with a power supply, but even if it did, it wouldn't make the case any less awesome.

P.S. The technical jargon was completely unneccessary.

Back
Top Bottom