x2 questions

Kage said:
hehe :p Anyway, what I was saying was, what happens if you did overclock, but that wasnt the cause of the crash. Would they know then? Like maybe it was faulty in the first place?

You voided the warranty when you OCed it, so... they could care less if the processor didn't have an L1 Cache when you got it. Its ALL OVER when you OC.

Oh... well... thats horrid...

In that case, like a video card for instance, some companies give programs specifically to overclock... so if they know that your going to try and do it to test how far it can go. Isn't that a joke in a way on your part?

For instance ATI cards coming with an overclock function and temperatre sensor... but I guess thats a different matter since its guaranteeed to them that using that wouldn't damage it...

the deceived said:
Probably :) But I'm with Kage on this on because I've known friends who have overclocked their cards, and then asked for a replacement when say the heatsink broke. Now the heatsink probably wouldn't have broken due to overclocking, but they still got the most out of their card, and still got a replacement. Bear in mind though, they weren't overclocking to the point where they needed a top standard heatsink, they still used stock just to get that little bit extra out of the card.

But I have heard of cases where they can detetc if you have overclocked the card, and then no replacement is given. :(

you have to do some extreme overclockign for them to find out that was the reason for it. IE: the guy who raised a cpu 3.0 ghz and used like freon or something to cool his computer. I beleive it eventually fried itself to death, in extreme cases like that they will know. but hey, you mine as well try, right?! :D worse case scenario they deny your request.

Yeah, it's unbelievable at how tight fisted companies are today... I mean what if you say; 'Yeah I overclocked it as I wanted more out of my system for the amount of money you charged me, and now you are not going to refund me because it developed a fault naturally, NOT due to my safe overclocking?'.

That would suck, and that is why I am waiting to overclock when I know more about it, and I have enough money to replace the part I am overclocking :D

Kage said:
Oh... well... thats horrid...

In that case, like a video card for instance, some companies give programs specifically to overclock... so if they know that your going to try and do it to test how far it can go. Isn't that a joke in a way on your part?

For instance ATI cards coming with an overclock function and temperature sensor... but I guess thats a different matter since its guaranteed to them that using that wouldn't damage it...

That relates back to the part where the OCing utility only allows a specific point to be reached... aka, it says the OC can't proceed further when it can. Riva Tuner is the most powerful OCing tool in the world, and it is NOT approved by ANY GPU manufacturer.

Liquid cooling is really effective for those people who are interested in OCing their computers well beyond what air cooling will allow. So keep that in mind. Otherwise, have fun and be sensible about clocking to tolerable levels.

Back
Top Bottom