Computer boots up, but won't start!

Are all the fans on the inside going? Is the power supply fan going? Is the hard drive(s) whirring to life?

Has the computer been kicked or moved? Has there been electrical problems with the house wiring /electricity?

What I am getting at is if there is no activity then the power supply may need to be replaced. Do you have any spares around? You may need more powerfull power supply to support the hardware. Is there any video activity at all?

Okay really going to bed this time. Sorry, my style is a little rougher. Bet you can guess where I used to work.
I try to get you thinking so you can be sel-reliant and find the answers to your own problems. Teach a guy to fish... BUT I will tone it down and not so many questions.

Seti says> Dude your style is too out of line here. We do not allow multiple posting. If you have questions to ask compile them in to one post. Follow forum policy and rules or you won't like what happens next I assure you.
And if you're wondering who I am just look under my name...

to me this just sounds like a driver problem not hardware. go into control panel>go into the system icon> click on the hardware tab> click on device manager>go under display adapters>enter into your graphic card icon> go to the driver tab> and update your driver for you graphic card. it should solve your problem

And newguy3 before you asked about what is spamming. posting 5 times in a row would count as spamming. use the edit button.

Dishdog said:
to me this just sounds like a driver problem not hardware. go into control panel>go into the system icon> click on the hardware tab> click on device manager>go under display adapters>enter into your graphic card icon> go to the driver tab> and update your driver for you graphic card. it should solve your problem

And newguy3 before you asked about what is spamming. posting 5 times in a row would count as spamming. use the edit button.

I doubt this is a driver issue, since drivers load for graphics at stage 4 of 5 in XP... BUT! This could in fact be one of 5 problems.

A). You power supply is inadequate (how many Hard Drives do u have and disk drives?)

B). Your RAM is defective or on its way out

C). Same as above, except your graphics card

D). Your CMOS has refuted the video apater. Reset the CMOS by removing the battery on the motherboard for 30 secs with the PC UNPLUGGED.

Dishdog said:

You asked if newguy3 was neochivers, I've checked, he definitely isn't.

Maurice said:
You asked if newguy3 was neochivers, I've checked, he definitely isn't.

Indeed, didn't we come to that conclusion a while ago. Setishock already cross checked every tid bit of everything on him. Oh well! LMAO! Newguy, what is you social security number?!?! LMAO! Security checkpoint. BODY CAVITY SEARCH, HAHAH!! JK JK.

thank you Maurice.

Opteronix said:
Indeed, didn't we come to that conclusion a while ago. Setishock already cross checked every tid bit of everything on him. Oh well! LMAO! Newguy, what is you social security number?!?! LMAO! Security checkpoint. BODY CAVITY SEARCH, HAHAH!! JK JK.

seti posted that stuff after i asked if he was neochivers.

anyways back to the thread. have you got it working yet?

Dishdog said:
thank you Maurice.

seti posted that stuff after i asked if he was neochivers.

anyways back to the thread. have you got it working yet?

You're welcome, er,....what do you mean, have I got itworking yet, got what working?

Back
Top Bottom