Pentium II laptop wireless network adapter issues

MacDiesel1

Beta member
i have a toshiba tecra 8000 with a pentium II upgraded to windows 2000 pro. i was trying to get it on my wireless network but the laptop wont recognize the Belkin Wireless G notebook network card. actually i can get it to recognize it but the add harware wizard said that it wont work because of code 12. a resource conflict. can someone please help me get this thing going. or is it even possible. i am thinking that the laptop might be too old to be compatible with the card. I also tried an IBM ethernet II credit car5d adapter to hard wire it to my router, and i get the same thing. only this time i think the IBM adapter isnt compatible with win 2000. i also tried one more thing. i have an 3com etherlink III lan pc card that basically does the same thing as the ibm adapter. can anyone please help???

The below was taken from the micro$oft web site.
"
12 This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12) Two devices have been assigned the same input/output (I/O) ports, the same interrupt, or the same Direct Memory Access channel (either by the BIOS, the operating system, or a combination of the two). This error message can also appear if the BIOS did not allocate enough resources to the device (for example, if a universal serial bus (USB) controller does not get an interrupt from the BIOS because of a corrupt Multiprocessor System (MPS) table).

You can use Device Manager to determine where the conflict is and disable the conflicting device.

On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooting wizard."

i have thought about updating the bios thinking that that is my problem, but the only way to update the bios is with a floppy disk and all i have is the cd rom. any suggestions?

Did you try my previous post? Did you find out what other device is sharing that IRQ? I don't mean to be rude , but do you understand what I am asking you? Did you read my previous post?

Have you looked at the event viewer? Do you have logging of these events enabled? What does the System log say?

'You can use Device Manager to determine where the conflict is and disable the conflicting device."

When you find this device what is it?

Please try not to make more than one post...if you have anything to add to your previous post, the 'Edit' Button is there for your convenience.

Back
Top Bottom