How To Fix a Damaged BIOS?

when you screw up the bios on a motherboard, it is useless, no bios....no post...no boot from floppy..dead motherboard.
I'm sure it doesn't matter now, but did you stop the bios flash in any way when you updated it? were there any errors of any kind?

Tommy Boy said:
when you screw up the bios on a motherboard, it is useless, no bios....no post...no boot from floppy..dead motherboard.
I'm sure it doesn't matter now, but did you stop the bios flash in any way when you updated it? were there any errors of any kind?

WRONG. If you use a bootable floppy that has a .TEMP BIOS on it, it willl synthesize a temporary BIOS for you to use. At least, my ABIT board did that... and my TYAN......

No, there appeared to be no errors with my BIOS update.

Opteronix, do you know how i could rescue my Award BIOS, or is it hopeless?

acphenom said:
No, there appeared to be no errors with my BIOS update.

Opteronix, do you know how i could rescue my Award BIOS, or is it hopeless?

Well, if infact your motherboard manufacturer can use a bootable synth BIOS on floppy, then, you might be able to restore the BIOS. Have you tried reseting the CMOS since the update? To do this, simply remove the system battery on the motherboard for 20-30 secs while the PC is unplugged and hold down the power button.

Yep, done the battery removal trick, but to no avail.

Do you know if Gigabyte offers this 'bootable synth BIOS' or a site where i could find out myself?

Back
Top Bottom