At last!

We have a large cricket competiton every year against the Aussies. The ashes are a burnt wicket in an trophey. We haven't won them for 14 years!

And today we have!!!

Im sure that maurice can explain further

daemon said:
Yeah, I kind of noticed that. So anyone care to enlighten us?
See 99's latest post

My Seiko data base says; "A notional trophy awarded for a cricket test match series between England & Australia".

Maurice

_40792416_pietersenton_ap300.jpg

52674440HB054_Fifth_Test_En.jpg

This Ashes series was the first time that I've seen cricket on TV and not been bored rigid.

It was good stuff, and it's the first time England have won since 1987 apparently! England winning was long overdue!

malbuc87uk said:
This Ashes series was the first time that I've seen cricket on TV and not been bored rigid.

It was good stuff, and it's the first time England have won since 1987 apparently! England winning was long overdue!
Glad that you, as a Scot, appreciated what we sassenachs got a kick out of, like you, to me watching cricket is boring, I prefer cricket to football, never played it, only as a school kid, a knock-about in a field with some mates, but this year was different, there wasn't a car on the roads around where I live, they must have all been watching, in nearby towns, some managements let staff watch it on plasma TV all afternoon, I was mowing the lawns, & kept popping in, to have a look, missing the final seconds by about a minute, I was gutted as they say, but I sat down & watched the closing ceremony.

Back
Top Bottom