ATI 9550 3d score

Washington

In Runtime
I just ran 3d mark 05 on my desktop and got a score of 899!

I have the folowing setup-

ATI Radeon 9550 256MB card
1GB DDR Ram
AMD Athlon running at 2.1 Ghz
120GB Hard drive
Windows XP Professional

Is this score correct? Seems very low due to the fact that I can play most games with pretty high settings like Far Cry with everything on apart from antialasing at 1024 x 758. Unreal Tournament 2004 at a constant 60 fps.

I ran the test as I am getting a Gainward 6600GT delivered tomorrow and wanted to be able to compare the two, but I was quite surprised at the low score.

I'm rather surprised actually of how high that score is for the spec of the computer you have :eek:

I mean, that video card isn't exactly high spec, and niether is the processor, though that 6600GT will perform alot better, and that score should shoot up quite considerably. Good luck with it!

Remember, 05 is th latest test for your video cards, and even high specced machines dont get that much of a score. So, it is to test how your comptuer would cope with games in the next year or so.

For your card, you should be running 03, and will get a much higher mark for the type of games it was built for.

When you get the 6600GT tommorow though, you should see a big improvement, trust me

Cheers for that Kage. I am quite looking forward to the new card tomorrow!!

I have just downloaded 3D Mark 03 so I can compare those figures too. I know my machine isn't very high spec, but it didn't cost me much either so I'm not complaining!

I was honestly surprised because I know the 9550 is an old card, but it does still perform quite well with most of todays games.

The point is, is that if I can play games with quite high settings with a score of 899, then what are these people with scores of up to ten times that amount getting for the money spent on top end cards???

I'd buy one in a second if I had the money don't get me wrong, I'd love a 7800GT PCE or two SLI'd!!!

I have an AMD Athlon (TM) XP 2600+

But I have it clock at 2.1 as my motherboard ASUS A7V8X-X states that this is the fastest it supports. Seems fast enough for what I need.

Yeah, even though your card runs games at high settings, you have to think of 3D MARK 05 being how games are going to be like in the future (a years time) and so, your computer seems like it'd struggle. That new card should definietly help.

As for downloading 3D MARK 03. That is the one you want for your card now, as it shows how your card performs in todays games, i.e unreal Tournament.

Yeah that's a fair point, but by the time this comp becomes obselete I may as well go for a brand new comp with a 64bit processor, SLI functionality and all the rest of the stuff thats coming out soon.

Must say, some of these videos on 3D Mark look quite good. Probably even better when viewed at more that 4 frames a second!!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom