My Friends Computer

Opteronix

BSOD
I am going to be helping my friend build a new computer. What do you guys think of this setup?? I like it quite well.

1 Sky Hawk/Eagle Tech ATX $79.99

1 SAMSUNG Black IDE DVD Burner $39.99

1 ZALMAN G100 500ml Cooling Liquid $19.99

1 ASPIRE X-CRUISE -BK Black Case $59.00

1 DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR $179.00

2 eVGA Geforce 7800GT 256MB $738.00

1 AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester $374.00

2 GeIL Ultra 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit $269.88

1 SAMSUNG Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive $22.50

1 Logitech Z-5500 505 Watts 5.1 Speaker $278.00

Yeah, I'm liking that setup :D Very much so.

One thing I especially like, being a muscian is those Logitech speakers... I really want a set of them, but there rather expensive, for a guy with no money :p

I don't know much about the Athlon 64 X2 but know its a good processor, and the RAM also looks good, and with games, this computer should have no problems what so ever with that great graphics card :D

Great build!

Hmm, those would have better timings probably, but I have GeIL ram, and I can't say i'm dissapointed with it. Though, I haven't done much, if any overclocking to test it.

BobTheLOL said:
I would get kingston or corsair ram..

I looked into Kingston HyperX which is very good RAM, but the DFI is a board that has its likings, and Geil gets along with it well. Corsair.. HAHHAHAH!! That RAM.. is so.. CHEAPO... Corsair RAM is manufactured on a process that is literally ANTIQUE, and their latency timings are absurdly high along with heat production on MOST models. Sorry, I have to disagree there, Geil is really leading the way right now, especially with their new TCCD contruction theoreticals and principles.

Yeah, and Geil aren't really that expensive either, and I have 1GB in my PC. Completely stable RAM, so I can't really say anything about the make thats bad at the moment.

Good luck on the build, and tell us how it runs!

Back
Top Bottom