AMD Processors are faster than intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why I say the new CPUs based on the Pentium M is because the new cores are expected to use many of the power efficient characteristics of the Pentium M processor. Intel's Netburst architecture found in Pentium 4's appears to be on its way out with the introduction of the newer Conroe.

TRDCorolla said:
The reason why I say the new CPUs based on the Pentium M is because the new cores are expected to use many of the power efficient characteristics of the Pentium M processor. Intel's Netburst architecture found in Pentium 4's appears to be on its way out with the introduction of the newer Conroe.

Correct. But this new core is just going off the principles of the Pentium M. To be honest... did you know the Pentium M is a Pentium3 with some minor enhancments to the registers and cache overlay plates etc? Yeah... it is.. HAHHA!

TRDCorolla said:
That's funny. Intel's going backwards.

Wait... you mean to tell me they haven't been going Backwards since the invent of the Prescott core?? wow.. I had no idea... HHHAHAHHHA!

Ah but in that case, they make a worthy investment, and are beating Intel in alot of ways now.

Intel already have seemed to got to the maximum using there latest core in processor speed, and so are just adding processors on. AMD on the other hand still keep improving clock speed, and in taht case, they have the cabability to be faster than any Intel chip out there.
Plus when 64bit comes round, your already ready cheaply, and same with multicore, when that drops in price, and that is better than Intels same model :p

So er....no to that one hextcomm, good day :)

Intels are also more reliable than AMDs, I hear about people's fairly new AMDs breaking down all the time, and I never hear that happening to Intels nearly as often, and I know many more Intel users than AMD ones, all of my old Intels still work, even the 20 year old one. AMDs are also flimsier, I have heard of complaints of them breaking down even after simple memory upgrades.

(I am talking about the motherboards in particular, not the processors.)

What do you think of AMDs vs Intels in terms of reliability and durability?

This is like two years old so I'm sure when the mods sees it, they'll say something about it. Probably better just to create a new thread and post "AMD vs Intel reliability" or something like that.

As for the motherboard breaking after installation of RAM, the user probably pushed the RAM modules down too hard on the motherboard to break it. It could happen to any motherboard regardless of AMD or Intel.

Right now, I would day Intel are more reliable and durable because their CPUs use lower voltages than AMD and that the Intel Go stepping process brings even greater efficiency to energy conumption.

WoW If you go to the first page they where saying that AMD was better than Intel. :p
How so much can change in 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom