Expired trial software will not reinstall..please help

x0r515t said:
I know a solution to your problem glasseye, but I'm not going to share due to your attitude.

Now THAT is a constructive attitude.
Look, I'm sorry if I've offended some people here who are honestly trying to be helpful, but I've invested a lot of my time in this place in a seriously desperate time for me, and I haven't got anything out of it. And I'm not really sure what you meant about how it doesn't revolve around me and my work.. I know the world doesn't, but this thread does doesn't it! That's what I thought the idea of making a thread was! To tell everyone your problem and hope for a helping hand, was it selfish to think it was about me?

If there was anyone interested in the outcome, I told the couple whose wedding video I filmed that I couldn't do the screening for their friends and family this weekend because I'd effectively lost all of my work on the video. So I'll just have to wait until my order for Premiere goes through and it arrives in the post.. I'm still pretty p!ssed at Adobe, just because I didn't get the trial I should have got. Anyway, nevermind.

One other thing to lhuser..

lhuser said:
It's because that the registry that says that your trial period is expired will remain there. I will NEVER tell you how to remove it b/c it's illegit

Aren't you a legitamacy preacher! How innocent.. oh wait, what's this;
-----
Subject: Re: Bypassing admin logon for Windows 2000

"lhuser
Guru

I will. You need to enter your account right?
Here's how:
When Windows boots, Press F8 and login as Administrator. Then look for your name and account and delete it. Create a new one. Your done!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you notice it says to log in as admin. It's not a hack as it revolves around having the admin password. If you don't have the admin password to start with it don't work. So cool your jets.
Now as for your problem, it is one that is more common that you think. It would serve in the future to make sure your time/date is correct before installing any time restricted trial software. When you make changes to the date or time you bet the built in security is going think you're trying to get around or extend the trial period and shut off the program. Now if you were in my book having a legit problem you would be sending e-mails and making phone calls. But as you came to a computer forum to get how to reactivate the trial don't sound right. So in light of that and the fact we can be deep poop with software companies for telling you how, we just refuse to...
Besides if you read the rules, it clearly states asking for hacks, cracks, or software codes along with warez is a banning offence. And with your attitude that might still happen.
And if you're wondering who I am just look under my name...

Yes, I'm sure that lhuser's advice was used responsibly, but you have to admit that just like the adivce I'm looking for, it COULD be used maliciously.

I'm not sure why you think I didn't try contacting Adobe.. they were just absolutely useless and gave me false information (saying that even formatting my PC would not reset the trial which is a blatant lie and I don't like being disrespected like that) so I came here for some genuine unbiased assistance.

glasseye, don't be such a jerk, I just give info. Do you think I'll be stupid enough to tell you how to remove them? If so, you might as well leave

Agreed
You yourself said that you were going to buy it later, well you now have your chance, buy the software, and the reason that 'i want to complete a project first' hardly sounds legit at all

glasseye said:
Aw lhuser, you're a gem! What a mine of invaluable information. Why don't you go and make a forum for yourself where you can rant about how much you know and how little you're going to share. Meanwhile the rest of us will just figure it all out and share the knowledge as a community. I'm not a software pirate. I've given Adobe hundreds of pounds of my money, but I haven't gotten the full 30 days out this trial and I deserve it and won't surrender it to a bad bit of code that messes up when I correct my calendar. Anyway, thanks for killing my thread.
Don't be sarcastic to the guys, they're correct, what you propose is illegal, I've taken legal advice, also listen to Setishock, my mod colleague, you've just joined, & start shooting your mouth off already, you're going the right way to have a very short stay at CF, be warned!

glasseye said:
Aw lhuser, you're a gem! What a mine of invaluable information. Why don't you go and make a forum for yourself where you can rant about how much you know and how little you're going to share. Meanwhile the rest of us will just figure it all out and share the knowledge as a community. I'm not a software pirate. I've given Adobe hundreds of pounds of my money, but I haven't gotten the full 30 days out this trial and I deserve it and won't surrender it to a bad bit of code that messes up when I correct my calendar. Anyway, thanks for killing my thread.

[RANT]
This forum is not going to condone any illegal activity, no matter what the situation, otherwise it will be shut down and much worse things too.
You did the classic thing that will have been defended against - changing the computer clock - it doesn't matter what reason you did this for, but Adobe will defend against as it is their right to be paranoid about such an amazingly powerful bit of software.

Adobe are a very very clever company so don't bother demorolising them with so-called cracks that don't actually work.

If it was your software that you'd spent so much R&D on and you were having to charge as much because of the amazing features and all the work put into it and supporting it, then would you want people to easily crack it so they don't have to pay?
I doubt it.

I (well my dad) have just bought a full version of Adobe Prem Pro 1.5

The chances are you will be using it again in the future.

But, why are you using Premiere when Avid is more powerful?

[/RANT]

Cool. I didn't know [RANT] was html code.
Okay, everything I say should be taken with a pinch of salt, at the end of the day, if you don't like me you don't have to listen or help me out do you? I appreciate the people here who have tried.
Mr.Si - I used Premiere cause Avid IS great.. but not so good back in v3.5 on a new machine. Plus, as I've bought Photoshop CS and Audition, I thought it'd intergrate nicely. Turns out that the viewing wasn't so convenient for some of the attendees of the wedding anyway, so I'll just wait til I buy Premiere now I know it works okay with my AMD X2. (Though if anyone here -who doesn't hate me- has any inkling as to how I can get past the bug that prevents capturing, I'd love any help there.. it just captures a few seconds, then stops saying 'recorder error')

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom