burning dvds wont play on dvd player

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon 2

Beta member
i have been burning some dvds from my computer to a dvd-r and when i put the dvd in the dvd player it doesnt work but when i play through windows media player it works on my computer so i would like to know what the problem is? any help would be appreciated thankyou

can the dvd-player play the format that the video file is in? Usually the problem is this or the dvd-player missing some codecs.

did you burn them as dvd format? or did you burn them as something like divx or xvid? regular dvd players won't play anything but dvd format, but you can buy ones that play divx, and xvid. you can download converters that convert files to dvd format suitable for burning and playing in a regular dvd player.

jon 2,

try to respond to some of the replies that have been given please. My question would be ... what software did you use to burn your dvd's with?

I have a similar problem,
I use nero 6 ultra edition and the nero dvd player will not play the dvd's it burned. all my home dvd players play them but not the nero player.
but the nero player works with other peoples dvds they made and store bought dvds.
I have to use my old Nvidia player or windows media player. its weird.

how do you know what format you have burned them in? i dont think its my dvd player because when we buy copied dvds they play fine on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom