Moderation

I agree, Mark would also get a vote from me as a possible great moderator...

To everyone here, I am a moderator... and when I get the emails that have been reported I do come here to clean/close threads move and delete ass approprate... but you have to realise that I am a busy person...

I have a job, I have to have time to travel to work, and back. I have a social life, and a girlfriend who I have to give time to as well as giving time to these forums... it's not like we are paid to be here, it's a sheer generosity thing you know!!!

I do sometimes cmoe on at work, but thats not really something I should be doing as I am actually paid to do work whilst I'm at work, I'm not paid to sit around on forums!!

The problem with promoting anyone to a mod is everyone here, has either work/school/college and everyone also has a life outside of that, and a life outside of these forums... without a team of thirty or more moderators there is no way that a mod coul be on here al the time!!! and if there were 30+ moderators imagine the amount of arguments that would go on about what to do with users!!!

Yeah i agree, i would definately vote for mark and dishdog as mods ... they both have good knowledge and i've never seen themselves get into any kind of fights ! Good luck ...
As for a life out of forums and online, i am having a bit of trouble with that ... lol its just me i'm addicted

Dishdog said:
begging for modship is NOT going to make you a mod.

what a way to get to guru.

we have plenty of mods. the odd time theres an hour gap, so what! it's not going to kill the forum to have stuff sit there for awhile.

srry about the douple posting, i went to quate instead of edit.

what a way to ge to Guru when you have 993posts. I wouldn't waste my whole time going in there

I have to agree with root about the work and social life thing. Not only do I have a full time job I run my own shop AND a forum of my own. And moderate here. It's called a full plate.
As for the mods not being here full time that's the reason most forum software has the report post function. So they don't have to be in lurking full time. With as many of us now modding here we're bound to get in in a reasonable amount of time and take care of business.
Now as for Mark and Dishdog. I couldn't agree more with the description of them. But a mod has to maintain an aloofness about them. When it comes to dealing with members, friendships have to be set aside. Other times we're just one of the gang. If you two can do that then you both will make great mods. You have my support if and when you come up for the position.

How about me? :D

I may have a pretty low post count in the grand scheme of things, but I'm mature and sensible, and can easily spot where an argument might erupt.

I'm also quite friendly, I don't get involved in flame wars or anything. And I can put a polite, quiet lid on things when they get out of hand.

setishock said:
I have to agree with root about the work and social life thing. Not only do I have a full time job I run my own shop AND a forum of my own. And moderate here. It's called a full plate.
As for the mods not being here full time that's the reason most forum software has the report post function. So they don't have to be in lurking full time. With as many of us now modding here we're bound to get in in a reasonable amount of time and take care of business.
Now as for Mark and Dishdog. I couldn't agree more with the description of them. But a mod has to maintain an aloofness about them. When it comes to dealing with members, friendships have to be set aside. Other times we're just one of the gang. If you two can do that then you both will make great mods. You have my support if and when you come up for the position.
I didn't know you had your own store?

yeh i no what you mean, i have college to attend from 9 till 4:15 home by 5 (bloody buses) from there i have my own forum to manage and i have my psoting Company Posys4u to run which ends me with 10+ more forums to post and moderate

haha im payed to post
dam im good ;)

I think Mark Thorpe would make a excellent moderator. He has a lot more maturity than a lot of the members I can think of, to take up my old spot as a moderator...
thumb_yello.gif

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for Mark!​

ole.gif

Back
Top Bottom