Windows missing System file

gartht799

Baseband Member
I have working on installing windows to my newly rebuilt PC. For the second time now, the system was working correctly and then bam, it starts acting up. I believe I may have it pinpointed to my PDA hotsync device. when I install that software it seems to mess up my system. Anyhow, my PC was working fine and then when I rebooted it, windows came up and stated that a hardware or software change may have corrupted my system and I should choose safe mode or start windows normally. My keyboard will not work during this time and I'm not sure why. It works if I enter the bios and after windows starts but not doing booting. I have to wait until windows counts down at which time it starts in normal mode. I tried reverting the system back to a time when it started normally but now it boots with an error stating that windows\system32\config\system file is missing. How can the system be running fine and then a file turn up missing. I already reinstalled windows once and now it happened again. At least I didn't activate it yet, I learned from that mistake. Anyone know how to fix something like this? Thanks

Forget my system info again. Here it is.

Windows XP with SP2
ABIT IC7-G Motherboard
4-512 MB Dell RAM- 2GB total
3.0 Ghz Intel processor with HT
80 GB Maxtor HD with SATA

Keyboard is Dell with USB port

Back
Top Bottom