running programs and startup programs?!?!

FenixFan08

In Runtime
right now i have 19 programs running... and they all run automatically and i want to stop that and at the start up i have like 10 dif programs that start to run i also want to make it so none pop up or only like 2 imortant ones.... thanx alot

fenixfan08

you mean when your computer boots up? first thing is, go to the programs themselves and uncheck any option that says "run this program when windows starts" or anything to that effect, then go to your start menu and under programs look for the "startup" menu and delete anything out of there that you don't want to run. Then reboot and see what happens, if that doesn't take care of everything, go to start>run> and type "msconfig" and click the "startup" tab and uncheck the things you don't want to start up.
hope this helps

alright ill try that and get back to you but i also have another question.. for some reason in every folder it makes a file called "thumbs" and another file called "desktop" it just started doing it in every single folder it has them files in there and whenever i make a new folder it will automatically make them fiels in there.

hmm....that may be some kind of spyware or some malicious software doing that, I would do scans for that. also could be a virus of some sort.

alright ill do that... and im in the process of speeding this computer up any good ideas on to really boost up the speed. I already have dial up so im not really trying to speed that up cus i know it wont happen. So i just want my pc running faster then what it is... lol dial up is like a virus it kills computers!!!

well stopping all those programs from starting up and running in the background is a good start to making your computer run faster. also do those scans for spyware and viruses, that can make your computer run slower too.

when i went to run and did the thing there is so many programs with wierd names i dont no whats good to run and whats bad to run.... i got some stuff but some i have no clue what it is... i dont want to make it not run then have my comp go...

alright then, just go to the options in the individual programs and uncheck the options to "run when windows starts" and go from there.
don't mess with msconfig if you don't know what you are doing.

click start> run> type "msconfig" in the dialog box
go to the "startup" tab and uncheck any programs you dont want running in the background.
It's not recommend messing with the "services" under the services tab. many of them have to be running for windows.

Back
Top Bottom