80 Gb Seagate SATA Drives 7200 RPM 8Mb Cache

aaron12345

In Runtime
[FS] 80 Gb Seagate SATA Drives 7200 RPM 8Mb Cache

I have some 80Gb Seagate SATA 7200RPM 8MB Cache Hard Drives coming in this week. Thought I'd give the forum a heads up and a bit of a discount. I'm looking for $50 a drive from the general public, plus $3.85 shipping, and $1.30 insurance USPS Priority Mail 2-3 Day Service. These drives come with a 30 day warranty. For forum members, I will have them listed on ebay at the end of the week. If you do the transaction off of ebay - so I don't have to pay ebay fees I'll give you a special price of $46 a piece. If you do this through ebay (once I post the link), just reply to this thread with your ebay userid, and IMMEDIATLY after you buy shoot me an email using ebay's contact form with your forum USERID, and I'll take $2 off the price and give the drive to you for $48. I accept PayPal, Money Orders, and Checks (may require up to 10 days to clear). To be elgible for the discounts you MUST have atleast 15 forum posts.

is this just going to be a one time thing or will you be doing thins farther down the line again. i might be interested but not for another couple months.

Really can't say. I'm getting 10 in this week, and I'd love to have a continous supply, but the only way I can get the drives at a price that I can make a profit and provide an honest deal to people is to buy through brokers and liquidators etc... basically either the distributor, broker, liquidator, mfr, or someone is taking a loss on this - and that's how I get my pricing. That being said, the person I'm getting these from seems to have alot of them, so hopefully I will keep getting more - I have bids on a few larger lots from him and it just depends if I win. They'll probably go in three - four days after friday, they wont be on ebay until then. I'll post here if I know I'll be getting another 10 or 20 in a week or two or when I'm down to my last two.

hard drive

I'm setting up a new rig DFI LANPartyUT 250Gb and I have never used oset up a Sata hard drive. That being said is it any harder to set up and can you set up two to run in raid. I have one sata on the way here, but I may get two more

You can do raid depeding on the motherboard (most dfi lan party boards should work, but check to make sure). The only difference between SATA and IDE is that when you install windows press f6 to install a third party scsi/raid driver, and install the driver that came with your motherboard. You MUST have a floppy drive for this.

Lone136 make a thread about this in General Computer Hardware And Software and you will get a bunch of help.

Btw, there is a good chance (no promises) I'll have 40 80Gb ATA/100 7200RPM drives coming in next week, and $45 would be the standard price, they will be on ebay with $2 off to forum members through ebay, $4 off to forum members outside of ebay.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom