How much more performance will I get with an XP 3200+?

Varren1

Baseband Member
If I replace my XP 2400+ @ 2.15GHz with an Athlon XP 3200+ how much more performance do you think I will get in games (frames per second wise)?

in games, the cpu doesn't matter as much as the video card does. a better video card is what is going to produce better performance in games. what video card do you have?

6800gt in agp. But I play counter-strike: source which is a very cpu intensive game so I only get 30-50 fps even on the lowest settings

you said you have an xp 2400, what motherboard is it running on? the 2400 is a 333 fsb processor, and the 3200 is a 400 fsb processor. you have to make sure that your motherboard supports up to 400 fsb or you won't be able to switch processors without getting a new motherboard.

yeah, although I have seen some cheaper motherboards lately that only support up to 333 fsb, maybe the manufacturer has a bios upgrade that will fix that though.

as u see in my signature i have a 2600 i overclocked it .... gives me better fps and alot bettter windows performance wise.... i get 30 - 100 fps in cs:s
cause i'm running everything on full including 1280x1024 exept the water reflections those are medium eventho it says 30 fps somtimes i dont feel it it still runs smooth so... lol u hsould jsut overclock that bitch and buy a better cpu fan like i did lol

kyleman999 said:
as u see in my signature i have a 2600 i overclocked it .... gives me better fps and alot bettter windows performance wise.... i get 30 - 100 fps in cs:s
cause i'm running everything on full including 1280x1024 exept the water reflections those are medium eventho it says 30 fps somtimes i dont feel it it still runs smooth so... lol u hsould jsut overclock that bitch and buy a better cpu fan like i did lol

what speed did you overclock your 2600 to? and how much and what brand of memory are you using? I have the same processor but cheap ram and I overclocked it and it was unstable.

edit: nevermind, I saw it in your signature

I overclocked mine to 2.3ghz and it was unstable with my cheap ram

My motherboard is an MSI KT4AV with a VIA KT400A chipset.
I checked the manual and it says it supports only up to 333 fsb. Dang

Back
Top Bottom