3d mark 2005 score

sensesfail

Baseband Member
i was just wondering whether my score sounds about right. i got 2771 on 3d mark 05 and i have the following system...

msi neo4 platinum mobo
1gb (2x512mb) corsair ram
xfx geforce 6600gt
maxtor sata 120gb hard drive
sony dvd rom/cd rw
amd athlon 3200
500w psu

thanks

I gues it's ok. Check the thread for the 3d mark scores and see how other ppl with the same kind of system are getting.

lhuser said:
You need SSe to run it
what do you mean by that?

ive tried everything i can think of to increase the score. any ideas what might be the problem? i checked on a few sites and i should be getting around 3500, so why is this not happening?!

If you didn't have SSE, it wouldn't work in the first place, so don't worry.

I get about 1500 something with my Radeon 9800 Pro, so it doesn't seem that far off really.

Are you sure your running on default settings? Like for instance, resoloution? Also check you have Vertical Sync off just to check, since this will hold teh rate at about 60 fps.

I get around 3000-5000 depending on my oc'ing... but, yeah, that's an ok, score.

I agree with you sensesfail in the sense that is does seem a little low. Have you tried ending some menial processes for the task manager in Windows? That helps the CPU out a bit.

Maybe if you tried overclocking, you can push that score up. But don't try it if:

1. You don't know how to (obviously) :)

2. You don't have the money to buy a replacement if you acidentally go too high and burn out something

But just try the usual stuff (like disk defragmenter and disk cleanup), as they might help for an axtra few points :)

Don't worry about scores like this, pointless program. Run AQUAMARK if you want a good test of graphics ability.

I've moved this thread to the Hardware & Software forum, all future posts will be automatically transferred

Back
Top Bottom