Help!

zete

Solid State Member
okay, today I went out and bought a Diamond Stealth Radeon 9250 graphics card for my Dell Dimension 2400 :/. Well I installed the card and when I booted my pc, all I got was a black screen...It didnt even get to the BIOS. Anyone know why?

Not enough power?

If your video was intergrated before you bought the card, you have to disable it first, then set your primary video card to AGP

I think for Dell systems you have to press the "F1" key upon startup to access BIOS. Once you get to the blue screen, go somewhere into the advanced settings or simply navigate around until you find onboard video. It will let you disable or enable it and in your case, you want to disable it.

Your monitor should support SVGA. Is it a blue color 15 pin graphics port? DVI is newer and better but your monitor has to support it.

Ok thanks, now I got past the BIOS and the xp loading screen but when i have to choose who to login as my monitor turns black like my comp is idle :/..n but i havent disabled my onboard yet...il reply with the news

ok, now i turned the primary video to onboard and with the card plugged in it works and am now typing this lol. But in the manual it says do not put the installation cd in until prompted by windows that it has found new hardware. the problem is that it isn't prompting me or telling me that it has found new hardware...whats wrong? do i put in the cd anyway?

Back
Top Bottom