scratched mobo?

bass_man

Baseband Member
i was at a friends house and we wanted to use his brothers computer, we turned it on and got no picture on the monitor. so we looked inside the case and saw the video card wasnt in the socket so we plugged it in, turned the computer on and we got a picture, but it said "please insert system disk". we restarted it and got the samething. my friends brother thinks the motherboard was scratched and that he needs to get a new one now. do you guys think that's the problem or do you think its something else. cause if its something else i wanna tell him so he doesnt have to get a new mobo.

thanks

nah if the mobo was scrached badly it wouldnt even tun on to that... sounds like the hdd has been crouped

yeah that kinda what i was thinking. so if thats the case, was it my fault of just coincidence(sp?) i made sure not to use anything magnetized actually i did it all by hand. thumbscrews=good =)

its a plant ... his bro has broke it and disconected the grapics so who ever "fixes it" he can balme for what he did ... grapics card dont just fall out

hah yeah i bet thats what happened. but seriously, it was about halfway out of the socket. and i just plugged it back in

do you think theres any reason the harddrive went crazy? it was fine a week before that. do you think it has anything to do with the fact its on for about 4 days at a time, not in standby/hibernate?

yup i agree, sounds like either a hardware failure on the harddisk or you need to reinstall windows

Back
Top Bottom