Computer Virus? Please Please Help!

redsox99

Beta member
Ok, Right now I am working from safe mode with networking. Heres my problem. I turn on my computer normally and i get to the welcome screen, and the monitor turns on and off whenever I move the mouse. When I finally do get to click on my name, it loads my desktop but it feezes up whenever i try to click an icon. Alot of times the computer turns off the monitor itself. I'm pretty sure I have a virus, but I desperately need help. I have a Dell 4400. Is there anyway to get rid of this problem so I can get my computer back to normal?

Update ur anti-virus software and run a full system scan.

Start -> run -> msconfig -> startup tab. Then google for all of the programs that are at the startup and if it's a virus then uncheck it.
Then after booting the virus should not start running, but u still should get it out of the system even though it should be inactive now.

rdcmmnst said:
i would try to boot into safe mode.

dude, u could atleast read the 1st sentence of the 1st post :D

"Ok, Right now I am working from safe mode with networking. "

ok, i am sorry i forgot to mention this. when i go into the desktop the screen goes blank, the monitor turns off and a blue screen appears. It says that the problem was most likely caused by *nv4_disp* and is caused to go into an infinite loop. Right now i have microsoft antispyware. What anti virus *free* program should i install while i am in safe mode? Also what is nv4_disp? Thanks

how positive are you???...because my computer freezes and then turns it self off so i cant click anything?

if your montior cuts out cosa nv4_disp thats a niva driver .. its crouped or damaged

yep I think that's some nVidia stuff. Just remove the drivers while in safe mode and install new ones. And for a free anti-vir program, either AVG or AntiVir personal.

Back
Top Bottom