A rather neat idea...

setishock

Wizard of Wires
You know sometimes all it takes is stepping away from a problem to get a whole new perspective of it. In the old days when Gian and like minds would get in to heated debates it would be right out there in the open for all to see. If older members here recall that used to be more than a handfull and caused us much embarrasement to new members. Well not to brag to loudly about how the problem got resolved at my place but I thought it was such a killer idea I would slide by tonight to share this with you the members here and David.
What happened was we got a request for a political forum to be added. All I saw was flashbacks of the hot debates over here. No way I ever wanted that. So here's what we did to keep me and the members happy. A subforum as I call them was created. Then it was made a usergroup. With a usergroup you have a mod or two and members have to ask to join. The affairs and goings on are not seen nor are they accessable by any one outside the usergroup membership. In ours they go on about politics. But the admin can make it any subject. Just using mine as an exsample. Something to think about. It keeps the forum face clean and neat. Only those interested in those subjects sign up. And besides it keeps your trouble maker list real short.
I think VB has the ability to activate usergroups with out too much trouble. Something to think about there David...

Its a good idea, i would agree, it would surely prevent all the false accusations and flaming posts down, not to mention stop embarassing us in front of guest who could've been future members
It will limit everything to one forum, it can even have its own rules, i think that it would clean up CF and make it appear more welcoming than it is at this state ... a place where we can actually discuss things and issues of our world, not turn it into a battle of accusation and who's responsible for what

That's a very good idea, it would keep all the political flaming in the one place, and keeps it separate from those who don't wish to read it.

Flame wars affect many, if not all, forum users, and keeping them separate would help solve a very big problem, not just for CF, but for any forum that sets up such a system.

sounds like a great idea, i nominate rakedog and gian for the mods that run it

Excellent Idea, I could easily code that using... oh wait, this forum is vBulletin, oh I could still help David do that if he had a trouble doing it. I think you could use a module if I am not mistaken, and alter the module to be a usergroup with membership/invite abilities.

PS- I post a lot eh?

Actually, i checked your forum again Setishock and its quite good, although my request is yet to be accepted, i find it to be very neat and tidy, i think that the members and guests will definately appreciate it
By the way, its a nice forum you made Setishock :)

dyserq said:
Actually, i checked your forum again Setishock and its quite good, although my request is yet to be accepted, i find it to be very neat and tidy, i think that the members and guests will definately appreciate it
By the way, its a nice forum you made Setishock :)

Where is his forum? Or did I miss something? Is it coded with vBulletin or PHP or, well, several others to choose from! HAAHHA!

Back
Top Bottom